Bolt-ons

hayabusafalcon

Registered
I was under the impression from other posts that a power commander was not needed with just bolt-ons,so i ordered a set of d&d's and the bike is really jerky in first gear and the rpm''s surge up and down.When you crack the throttle and let off the engine does not come down evenly.I guess the bolt-ons do not work in some cases without a pc.Any input would be appreciated,thks.

Your correct on the some need a PC and some don't. It really depends on the openest of the Exhaust and you purchased the most open exhaust available. That's why some manufactures recommend a PC and some don't (like Yoshie  they recommend PCs on some of their pipes, and some they don't) ! It's best to ask the manufacturer what they recomend and not the ENGINE EXPERT next door
race.gif

Thks DaCol for the reply,i guess that i will leave her in the basement until i can get a pc,get her on the dyno and mapped.I don't want to chance hurting the engine on her.
cool.gif

I believe there is a map at powercommander.com for the D&D bolt ons. I would get the PC and load that map and see how she runs before you spend the money on dyno time.

Don

Sounds like a mapping problem to me.

<!--EDIT|Glyn
Reason for Edit: None given...|1148092473 -->

I believe there is a map at powercommander.com for the D&D bolt ons. I would get the PC and load that map and see how she runs before you spend the money on dyno time.

Don
Good plan usn04LIMITED,i definately get the pc with it mapped for the d&d's,i am pretty sure this will fix the problem because the busa worked great until i put on the bolt-ons,then i will get her on the dyno to see what josey is putting out,not that the bolt-ons will make any difference in performance.

Until you get the PC just Throw your Stock cans back on.

No worries, simple and cheap.

I've got Bolt ons on myine and it's been a strong runner for a couple of years now, not a glich and makes great power. It's kinda hit and miss, but by and large you don't need a PC with just Bolt on's. Have you added a differen't air filter or performed the small or large airbox mod?

I was under the impression from other posts that a power commander was not needed with just bolt-ons,so i ordered a set of d&d's and the bike is really jerky in first gear and the rpm''s surge up and down.When you crack the throttle and let off the engine does not come down evenly.I guess the bolt-ons do not work in some cases without a pc.Any input would be appreciated,thks.
Even with bolt ons a pc will make a big diff in performance and throttle response....I went through the same thing  
wink.gif

For bolt-ons just get a Cobra FI2000R...its $197 shipped to your door and is preset for bolt-ons. Bolt-ons alone arent worth enough performance wise for the expense of a PC III and dyno time.

<!--EDIT|The Big Red One
Reason for Edit: None given...|1148112344 -->

Back