Bolt-on extensions

Safe? Certainly not as good as a well made extended swing arm. And besides they look cheesy! Your Busa deserves better. I have a Gixxer and a Busa. Both stretched. The thought of using bolt ons never crossed my mind. I would say if you can't afford to do it right. Wait till you can.

Safe? Certainly not as good as a well made extended swing arm. And besides they look cheesy! Your Busa deserves better. I have a Gixxer and a Busa. Both stretched. The thought of using bolt ons never crossed my mind. I would say if you can't afford to do it right. Wait till you can.
I feel the same way...… I just wanted the young ones out there to understand the facts and issues.... maybe this thread will save someone.

I put some on my GSXR years ago, as a trial and ended going to a steel arm, The biggest issue I had was the slider for the axle where they bolt on was not perfectly square so the bolt on had a bit of an angle to it, making the spacing a little off between them for the wheel. they seem good for a temp thing to see if you want to buy a full swingarm.

I don’t see the point of them, don’t seem strong enough for drag racing application. If you are building a drag bike do it right with proper swing arm. And then for streets, crappier handling combined with possible safety issues. Mind you I understand everyone’s taste is different. Some like the long and low look. Still do it proper. Like my brother did with his katana:

The advantage would be the ability to put on extensions, swap the chain, lower the adjustable links, and strap the front on the 2 occasions I’d go to the track a year. Doesn’t matter if they look cheap at track. The rest of the year I wouldn’t have to put up with the crappy cornering of a lowered stretched bike. I wouldn’t try them on a bike like yours but on my stock motor I think they’d work.

A few weeks ago I went to the drags and half of the stretched bikes were running them. None of 6 or 7 seconds guys.

I've thought about extensions extensively and decided not to go with it. I really wanted to get an arm before getting new chains and sprockets. Ut the price was too high. So I chose the safest route my bank account could supply.

Back