Blipping the throttle?

just weld up the slipper and slide the back tire in there :thumbsup:

Last edited:
My track instructor and many others will completely disagree. Downshifting clutchless is a good way to tear your shid up.

+1

ALWAYS use the clutch when down shifting. otherwise your gonna end up grenading the tranny.

i always blip on downshifts using the clutch and only clutch during gears 1 and 2 jsut to make sure i dont miss and end up in neutral.

upshifts on a track no clutch.
Downshifts use clutch.

Agreed, but just make sure you apply pressure to lever B/4 you blip and not simultaneously, when executed correctly this is a very smooth shift, if done incorrectly it is jerky and could damage the shift forks. Practice on cheap bike.
Just my 2,
Bubba

I am surprised I never see any comments on feathering the clutch, I guess maybe it is out of vogue these days. I have found that is a useful substitution for clutch less shifting I have used it since I was a kid racing. However it still requires good timing.

i use it for the downshifts only and it isn''t too hard with a little practice. once you get it down you will notice a considerably smoother downshifts when coming to a stop. well worth it and you won't piss through brakes as fast. :whistle:

practice blipping on the street-will get the hang of it before long-then will be second nature-you have so much to think about on the track this will be one less thing---

I am surprised I never see any comments on feathering the clutch, I guess maybe it is out of vogue these days. I have found that is a useful substitution for clutch less shifting I have used it since I was a kid racing. However it still requires good timing.
Definitely a dirt bike thing, something you learn early and never forget. I still automatically stand on my footpegs in certain situations. :laugh:

FWIW, on my brief "before-the-snow-comes" ride tonight, I tried upshifting and downshifting without the clutch. The big busa did just fine, but I really don't recommend it at all. Just too much opportunity to tear up the tranny. Lots of inertia with a bike this heavy and all the power you could ever want to bend shift forks. Not like some featherweight dirtbike.

Yeah, a habit from dirtbikes, blipping on the downshift puts the rpms right to avoid sliding the rear & stressing the clutch. I hate the sound of a clutch slipping into a lower gear and dragging the r's up with it....

Back