airshifter ?

crawlinbusa1320

Registered
hey guys i iam having a mps airshifter put on my busai've never used one before i've always done the blip throtttle power shift thing my question is with the air shifter can i just hold it wide open and press the button or do i have to blip the gas when i hit the button to get it to shift?

Hold WOT and press the button
thumb_up.gif
Yep, that's it. You can also shift at steady throttle too on the street if you feel lazy...

yup.... WIDE OPEN.... and a little thumb action
cool.gif

I love my airshifter (on the drag bike).... sometimes I wish I had one on my street bike... but I think it would get to be a pain in the butt or I would get too lazy to remember to downshift.
banghead.gif

I have your shift light..... which by the way.... How can I save my RETINAs from that ungodly BLUE LIGHT. I swear I see images of the LEDs for hours after I get off the bike!!! Do you have any lens covers or any suggestions??

no lense covers but if we get creative we could put a resistor inline to the LED to dim it down. Could even do an adjustable pot, does your LED have a 2 pin molex connector on it? I could probably do something where you unplug what you have and plug this back inbetween etc.

If I could run with my tinted shield I would... but that gets a little hairy during the night drags!

I'm not sure what a molex is and how many I have but I would be willing to try anything.

If you can go back in orders look up Darrell Henderson (he's my husband.. DocDrop) and see what you sent him.

OH you have the round tube shift light or my 4 LED cluster on a bracket launch / shift light?

If it was somewhat recent there should be a 2 pin white connector that where your LED plugs into the main relay assembly. If you have this i can make you up a patch harness where you unplug the LED and plug in this patch harness that just has a resistor or resistor pot in it to dim down the LED.

Back