Blackberry's and the Org

Just for a comparison, here is the BB Bold, the Iphone, and then the HTC EVO screen on the far right. I can't go back to that little screen... SIZE MATTERS! :moon:
images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQICZN5UNizSwZJk98nFyg0zCRpd0ZI1aiaO6EElhc-FFeKW5FghA.jpg

In this corner, wearing the Black trunks, Gsxr "The Driod" Bots!

And in the opposite corner, in the White trunks with the blue stripes Blanca "The Iphone" Busa

Lets have clean fight with no hitting below the battery, Fighters READY?

DING! DING! DING!

:laugh:

A bit of language...so maybe NSFW??

- iPhone4 vs HTC Evo[/url]

Last edited by a moderator:
It can grant you 3 wishes, even if one of the wishes is for an iPhone 4.. I don't care....

Makes Iphone people look like Harley riders... :poke:

:rofl::rofl::rofl:

So if you download tapatalk you can post your pics from your iPhone? Cause the app is 3$ and I only use my iPhone for Internet just curious cause I don't wanna waste my money on the app cause this is the only forum I got to

Really liking my new BB Torch 9800. True touch unlike Storm that has sensor pads. Also screen slides up giving you a full keyboard. New O/S 6 is quicker and smoother, also fastest processor todate for BB.
Posted via Mobile Device

Just got back from the Verizon store and im a little closer to choosing. I like the Droid X's screen, its huge, but thats a draw back in some ways. The Incredible looked good, big enough, but not to big.

I played with a few others in the store too, the salesman said the touch screen take some gettin used to, which i can see. All the touch screens didnt wanna co-operate with me, or maybe i was the difficult one?

Oh, and that Iphone/Evo vid is GREAT!!:rofl:

Gettin' closer!!!! Only thing to remember about the Droid X is that its Android 2.1 the HTC Incredible is Android 2.2 HUGE differences between the two. 2.2 is known as "Froyo" this update allows you to store apps on your removable memory card (which doesn't sound like a big deal, but it is!) and also allows threaded messaging (pretty cool) and is all around more efficient than 2.1. Trust me, I've had both. My EVO came stock with 2.1 and was upgraded in an update to 2.2. Just some more thoughts for your brain to think about!!!
And STOP worrying about the touch screen!!!! You WILL get used to it! :laugh:

Gettin' closer!!!! Only thing to remember about the Droid X is that its Android 2.1 the HTC Incredible is Android 2.2 HUGE differences between the two. 2.2 is known as "Froyo" this update allows you to store apps on your removable memory card (which doesn't sound like a big deal, but it is!) and also allows threaded messaging (pretty cool) and is all around more efficient than 2.1. Trust me, I've had both. My EVO came stock with 2.1 and was upgraded in an update to 2.2. Just some more thoughts for your brain to think about!!!
And STOP worrying about the touch screen!!!! You WILL get used to it! :laugh:

You really need to be selling these things, the Verizon guy didnt tell me any of this.:thumbsup:

But, I would like to discuss the touch screen a bit more:laugh:

What do you want to discuss? How cool it is? :D
What phone do you have now? How much do you actually text now?
For the "trouble" you are going to have learning the touch screen it makes up for itself 10-fold in the way it browses the internet, and the touch screen apps (anything you can imagine as far as games, etc) and the processor speed in the Incredible is lightyears beyond even the newest Blackberries. That 1gz snapdragon processor is the shiznit!!!
Plus, you have what, 30 days to "try" one out?? Get one and put it through the ringer. You just need to remember when texting started out, and you needed to push the 6 button like 52 times to get a certain letter. We all thought, we'd NEVER figure this out. Remember then, how fast you could text that way after a little while. Same thing will be with the touch screen. I was worried too, but after getting it figured out, the benefits well outway the deficits...

Frog, what did Verizon say about the Iphone coming?
Still can't believe its supposed to come out Jan 7th and NOBODY has heard about it? Sprint was advertising the HTC EVO for like 3 months before it actually came out. Verizon should be advertising the living crap out of getting the Iphone if its true. It just doesn't seem right...

I got this beast now, Its right up there with the Zack Morris phone:laugh:
Like I said, time to upgrade....

Im a super texter, if someone wants to TALK to me, to bad, they can text me. I have some serious T9 skillz.

I forgot to ask about the Iphone..... :banghead:

phone.jpg

Last edited:
So if you download tapatalk you can post your pics from your iPhone? Cause the app is 3$ and I only use my iPhone for Internet just curious cause I don't wanna waste my money on the app cause this is the only forum I got to

Tapatalk is worth more than the $3 they charge for the App for sure!

P.S. FastFrog, the app is only $2 on Android! Hehehe!! So far its the ONLY app I've paid for. Everything else on my phone has been free apps, so don't worry about that killing your pocketbook.

And ohhhh, the T9 days...:thumbsup:

Key Features
New Pre-owned

Full Retail Price $529.99 $529.99
2-yr Contract $249.99 $99.99
Online Discount -$100.00 N/A
New Every Two Discount -$50.00 -$50.00
Price $99.99 $49.99
OS Android Android
Style Touchscreen, QWERTY Keyboard Touchscreen, QWERTY Keyboard
Camera 8 Megapixel 8 Megapixel
Memory ROM: 512MB, RAM: 512MB DDR ROM: 512MB, RAM: 512MB DDR
Standby Time* up to 146 hours up to 146 hours
Usage Time* up to 312 minutes up to 312 minutes
Certified Pre-Owned No Yes
Email Yes Yes
HTML Web Browser Yes Yes
Mobile Hotspot Yes No
Netbooks No No
QWERTY Keyboard Yes Yes
Ruggedized No No
Touch Screen Yes Yes
Wi-Fi Yes Yes
Services
ESPN MVP No No
Family Locator No No
GlobalAccess Connect No No
Mobile Broadband Capable Yes Yes
V CAST Videos Yes Yes
VZ Navigator Yes No
Visual Voice Mail Yes Yes
Windows Mobile OS No No
Media & Apps
Facebook Yes No
MySpace Yes No
Skype Mobile Yes Yes
Twitter Yes No
YouTube Yes No
Device Features
Weight 4.59 oz 4.59 oz
Battery Standard Lithium Ion Polymer (1300mAh) Standard Lithium Ion Polymer (1300mAh)
Size 4.63H x 2.3W x 0.47D 4.63H x 2.3W x 0.47D
Global Ready No No
Music Player Yes Yes
Push to Talk No No
Rate of Speech No No
Removable Memory Yes Yes
Screen Reader-Enabled No No
Voice Dialing Yes Yes

Kinds hard to read as it didnt all line up with the copy/paste, but the new one has some things the pre-owned does not have, ???

Looks like they completely wipe the apps off the pre-owned. Prolly for security. The aps that are missing (facebook, twitter, etc) are easily downloaded at the "marketplace"
I would have to believe the hot spot "no" is a typo. Thats part of the software...

Well here we go.....i do know phones probably better then anything else i know:) The bb are junk. They arent even in the same league as any droid period. They do not have flash and will never get it. Droid on the other hand does have it. No here is the catch....you have to have the 2.2 froyo to have it though. It is not compatible with 2.1. Just so you know the droid x is rootable and you can put froyo on it with no problem. Also the droid x will be getting froyo soon from a google ota. This will happen automatically and is already happening:) Most dont know this yet. If you have the capabilities get the droid inc. It is the top of the line for now...and after a month with it you will wonder how you ever had anything else.

I myself sport a droid 1 rooted over clocked at 1.250 gig. It will smoke circles around any phone out there especially a bb or an icrapper. PS the newest operating system for droid isnt froyo 2.2. Its actually called gingerbread 3.0. It is out and in the testing stages already....:whistle:

Viper, I know about gingerbread, and I'm excited for its official release. That being said, if Frog was to get the HTC phone over the Motorola, he will see that official release sooner OTA. HTC seems to get the Android updates sooner than most. I think there is some relationship there.
Also, no disrespect to FastFrog, but he is not the user that will ROOT. I would consider myself a "techy" and LOVE to tinker with my phone and try stuff out. I however STILL haven't rooted my EVO. I don't think it needs it. It's 1gz processor is fast enough, and I love how smooth the HTC SENSE software works. No reason to ROOT. I'm not looking to use the wireless hotspot utility or anything. First things first, my phone is just that. A phone. I'm not going to mess that part of it up.
I understand why people root, don't get me wrong. I just don't think its for everyone, and we shouldn't recommend phones to people that need to be rooted to become "useable" and fast.
Know what I mean? :beerchug:

Well here we go.....i do know phones probably better then anything else i know:) The bb are junk. They arent even in the same league as any droid period. They do not have flash and will never get it. Droid on the other hand does have it. No here is the catch....you have to have the 2.2 froyo to have it though.

:poke: We've already known that Adobe would be bringing Flash Player 10.1 to Windows Phone 7, but the company has just now made that fully official at its currently-happening MAX conference (alongside its Air 2.5 announcement), and it's also confirmed exactly which other mobile platforms the plug-in will be headed to. That includes WebOS 2.0, which we've already seen first hand, along with BlackBerry OS, Symbian, MeeGo and, last but not least, the LiMo platform -- those will all of course join Android 2.2, which already supports the plug-in. Hmm ???

Windows Phone 7... The Betamax of phones.... Or is it the HD-DVD of phones? Hmmm....

:rofl:

Just hade to show that he was wrong on that!!

Every Phone is different and does different stuff than the other!!!:thumbsup:

One App I found out that i like on the Iphone is Justin TV.. Its just like mobileITv But faster!!

lol...i think that is very funny:) at the rate bb is loosing ground and the market share by the time adobe gets to bb if it ever does....dont believe everything you read.....it wont be 10.1. this is already an old release and there are a couple different betas already being tested. BB is a thing of the past. I have seen the sales projections falling and falling. They cant compete with droid or icrap. AT&T will soon be hurting as well come feb when the icrap hit verizon. I hate icrap but to each his own.

So in response you didnt prove me wrong. I know maybe eventually it may find its way to bb....but i doubt any time soon and it wont be 10.1., and i highly doubt the bb will be around long anyway...old, outdated, slow.

Back