Blackberry's and the Org

Fastfrog007

Donating Member
Registered
Its about time for me to get a grown up phone. Ive been rocking the same flip phone for 3 years. Well, not the same one, I broke a few:whistle:

Anyway, will I be able to easily navigate the Org with a Blackberry? Some of the other smart phones seem a bit better, Driod ect... but im not a fan of touch screens, so a blackberry seems like the next best thing.
My carrier is Verizon, so recommend away.:thumbsup:

Htc incredible. Period. Fastest and best android phone currently available at verizon. Left blackberry for android and never looked back. Don't miss the keyboard one bit! You'll go goo goo over the screen and speed of the htc. Don't let them talk you into a motorola droid either, it doesn't have the latest android software yet... You'll fall in love with android, trust me. Blackberry's can get very frustrating at times. Had 4 different bb's in 5 years. Thought I loved them, then I found android. :)

Sent from my HTC EVO 4g using Tapatalk.

Now that I've had it...I've gotta have my BB. I'm not a fan of touch screens either. No problems browsing the .org from mine. I have a Curve 8530. Just remember, if browsing the internet is the overriding concern, the newer the phone, the faster the processor. Also, it'll depend on what type of technology your carrier offers (i.e. EDGE, 3G, 4G, etc).

Not to rip on your curve, but if you can, upgrade to the Tour if they still make them. Mine was hands down faster and more powerful than my previous Curves..

I have the BB storm 2 an i love it.. its a touch screen and I love that too.. my wife has the new BB bold and i cant use it. im so use to the touch screen and the screen clicks and moves when u wanna type so u just cant bump a bunch or random stuff.. i say go the Verizon and play with them and see what feels better for you.. good luck :beerchug:

To be perfectly honest with you if Sprint would've had the storm 2 I would've most likely gotten that. I really loved my bb. Until... Everything is much much more smooth with android. The web browser is phenomenal. Tapatalk is amazing. And if you could try out swype, you'd wonder why anyone ever needed a keyboard.

Not to rip on your curve, but if you can, upgrade to the Tour if they still make them. Mine was hands down faster and more powerful than my previous Curves..

It's free from work, so I'm not complaining. :laugh: You're correct. The Tour is a much better phone though.

I was bored watching this Sugar Bowl (until a couple seconds ago) and took a screenshot of my phone on the .org for fastfrog.

SAM_1079.jpg

I had no luck with sprint.. I had them in 01 and I never had signal.. I went to Verizon and im good everywhere.. each is there own. As long as your happy and it does what you want it to do its all good..

Can you get tapatalk on the blackberry yet? If so, try it out. I like browsing these forums better on my phone than my computer with tapatalk!

Tim, I have the tour and have been considering moving to something newer but having issues with loosing the "blackberry" functionality. There's a new round of phones due out in the next few months, might be worth holding out if you dont have to make the jump now.

As others have said, if you really want the more "web focused" interface you'll probably want an iphone or android. There's a new android phone coming to Sprint next week, will have a keyboard and be decent in screen size (3.6").

Having been a treo guy for a long time, I finally made the jump to the blackberry and for a work phone, well its absolutely been great. If you are connecting to a blackberry server for work, then get one, you'll love it. If you are NOT connecting to a blackberry server, look at the iphone/android options as I suspect you'll be happier. :beerchug:

Can you get tapatalk on the blackberry yet? If so, try it out. I like browsing these forums better on my phone than my computer with tapatalk!

Whats Tapatalk do compared to browsing the Org without it? I know ill be all over the net when Ive got a new phone, but Org browsing seems like a good baseline.

It's free from work, so I'm not complaining. :laugh: You're correct. The Tour is a much better phone though.

I was bored watching this Sugar Bowl (until a couple seconds ago) and took a screenshot of my phone on the .org for fastfrog.

III not to knock your BB but that pic makes it seem like Atari compared to Playstation 3 !
Here's a screen shot from my iPhone. It's so much more detailed.
Displays all exactly the same as a Pc does. Cant beat it. And from what I hear Verizon will have iPhones in February ?
2502a97a.jpg

Tim, I have the tour and have been considering moving to something newer but having issues with loosing the "blackberry" functionality. There's a new round of phones due out in the next few months, might be worth holding out if you dont have to make the jump now.

As others have said, if you really want the more "web focused" interface you'll probably want an iphone or android. There's a new android phone coming to Sprint next week, will have a keyboard and be decent in screen size (3.6").

Having been a treo guy for a long time, I finally made the jump to the blackberry and for a work phone, well its absolutely been great. If you are connecting to a blackberry server for work, then get one, you'll love it. If you are NOT connecting to a blackberry server, look at the iphone/android options as I suspect you'll be happier. :beerchug:

I just wanna get online with my phone, the BB functions will be lost on me. I havent gotten 1 email from an Empty trailer at work, not 1 in Six years!!!:laugh: Seems waiting may be a good option, but I am 3 years behind now, so only being a month behind would be AMAZING!!

Thanks for the screenshot III, thats looks like it'll work, but now these Driod guys are puttin up some good points. Seems like an afternoon bothering salesman and playin with phones at Verizon only to order online for the discount is in order:lol:

III not to knock your BB but that pic makes it seem like Atari compared to Playstation 3 !
Here's a screen shot from my iPhone. It's so much more detailed.
Displays all exactly the same as a Pc does. Cant beat it. And from what I hear Verizon will have iPhones in February ?
2502a97a.jpg

nicely played Saiid, that is PERFECT for my needs, excuse me, wants. AT&T and I are enemies tho, but a Verizon Iphone....???? I need to look into that for sure.

Whats Tapatalk do compared to browsing the Org without it? I know ill be all over the net when Ive got a new phone, but Org browsing seems like a good baseline.

I will try to remember to take a pic of my phone on here when using tapatalk. Its awesome. I'm sure youtube could show you. Blanca, they've been telling people the iphone is coming for years. I'll believe it when I see it. Plus verizon and sprint are cdma technology. The iphone is gsm. No sim cards with verizon or sprint. I can't see apple making a whole new phone just for verizon. Just my $.02

I just wanna get online with my phone, the BB functions will be lost on me. I havent gotten 1 email from an Empty trailer at work, not 1 in Six years!!!:laugh: Seems waiting may be a good option, but I am 3 years behind now, so only being a month behind would be AMAZING!!

Thanks for the screenshot III, thats looks like it'll work, but now these Driod guys are puttin up some good points. Seems like an afternoon bothering salesman and playin with phones at Verizon only to order online for the discount is in order:lol:

dude totally hold off until Verizon has the iphone and get it :thumbsup: I love my ipod touch and honestly if you are staying with verizon, I'd wait til you can play with that phone. If Sprint was going to release it I would totally upgrade to it myself, even if it meant waiting 6months more. You will not like the blackberry as much if you aren't using it for the "work" stuff where the other phones are amazing, almost small laptops in some cases :thumbsup:

I will try to remember to take a pic of my phone on here when using tapatalk. Its awesome. I'm sure youtube could show you. Blanca, they've been telling people the iphone is coming for years. I'll believe it when I see it. Plus verizon and sprint are cdma technology. The iphone is gsm. No sim cards with verizon or sprint. I can't see apple making a whole new phone just for verizon. Just my $.02

AKA Duh, you have the internet, go find it!!:laugh:

Well, I found it, looks easy to use, I saw an Iphone demo, but the others must be similair, if not the same, I think?

AS for the Iphone Verizon thing... IDK, ill ask the Verizon guy, he'll know for sure:rofl:

Fastfrog, check this out.
YouTube - Tapatalk Android App Review
And keep in mind I'm doing ALL of this from my phone.

Did anyone mention that the blackberry and the iphone still can't load flash from websites? Android for the win!

I may be sold on the Driod. The fact that you're keeping up with or passing me on my laptop makes a good arguement for the Driod. Just gotta get past the touch screen issue.

Back