Blackberry users post up

UncleSteve

Gear good - roadrash bad
Donating Member
Registered
How many have blackberries ?

Curious how many have them and use the PIN feature.
I have several friends with them and had no idea they had the PIN feature, what it does and how to use it.

Went through two crackberries and then went to a MotoQ. Flushed it down the toilet when the iPhone started supporting Exchange.

What's the one thing I miss from my crackberry? Being able to search through mail. It's on the feature release for the iPhone OS 3.0 upgrade. woohoo

I have a 7290, 8700, 8800, 8820, 8300 (curve), 8310 (curve), 7100, 8100 (pearl), 8110 (pearl), and 9000 (bold). (Tested a Storm, but hated it. I need keys. LOL)

I use BB messenger all the time. One can send PIN messages to other users, they don't go through a server, just device-to-device on the BB network.

Blackberry 8703e here. I fell in love with it when I found out that I could read my emails on it. There is nothing more aggravating than to have a client email me when I'm out of town, only to find out that it was an emergency. The Blackberry solves that.

It also makes it impossible to have a vacation.

FYI, I have one contact on the Blackberry Messenger service, but I have never heard it called PIN.

Last edited:
I have a blackberry storm. I knew it had a PIN but I didnt know what it was for.

When you say mobile to mobile do you mean I can use blackberry messenger to text non-blackberry devices and vice versa?

So I could drop the $20 a month I am paying verizon for unlimited text?

I gotta a Gov BB...use the pin only to the Execs..:whistle:

I have a blackberry storm. I knew it had a PIN but I didnt know what it was for.

When you say mobile to mobile do you mean I can use blackberry messenger to text non-blackberry devices and vice versa?

So I could drop the $20 a month I am paying verizon for unlimited text?

I wish that were the case....it just means it doesnt charge you for messages sent bb messanger....... you shouldnt have to carry the 20 text plain through verizon it should be included in your unlimted bb package atleast mine is........oh yeah I a blackberry as well:thumbsup:

I have a BB storm too. I use the pin rarely. Get to know your BB storm here.

https://webinar.verizonwireless.com/p10586928/

BBstorm.jpg

I've got a 8130 (Pearl). Use BBM/PIN all the time. A lot easier to send pictures/files/whatever through BBM than it is MMS.

used to have a pearl

STORM USER now

Add me on BB messenger: 3054210e

Travis

Here's the deal on the pin.
Confirmed delivery, when you send a pin, a check mark appears on the left, when the text is received by the other BB a conformation is sent back to you and a little "D" shows up in the check mark. you then know it went through.

People have to share their pins. There is no way to look them up.
To find your pin ----
Go to the Icon that looks like a wrench. (Options or settings)
Scroll down to "Status" and open it.
You will find the pin here.
Copy and paste to send via email or call the person you wish to have your pin.
As stated earlier, it is free and does not go on the email server, the confirmed delivery is a big plus.
I have sent pins to Europe and they travel just as fast as they do here in the states

Add the person to your address book and enter the pin in their info

Last edited:
Back