Help with Blackberry !

theshnizzle

Rainbow of Skittles
Registered
Hi everybody. I just recieved a Blackberry Curve,and i can't figure out how to assign a ringtone to a blocked/unknown caller. I work for law enforcement in a civilian capacity and when the detachment calles me to come in i want the phone to have a specific ring so I know it's them calling.

How do i assign a ringtone? I tried entering unknown caller in adress book but it didn't work. Help..! Thanks

My Momma always told me not to eat the Red Berries and thats about all I know about Berrys

Also how do I set the alarm? I inputed all the alarm info and couldn't figure out how to set the dang thing! I KNOW these are dumb question's but whatever.....I guess they figure that if you have a BB you have aleast a certain level of techy-ness which I obviously lacking!:banghead:

Just did a cursory search with Google....it looks as if the simplest approach is to spend $20 and get this Ringtone manager. All of the other solutions seemed pretty involved for anyone other than a techo-dweeb. Hope it helps....

you might have to put in the new number and add to the new contact. Blackberrys are more trouble than they are worth IMO. My parents both have them and they are the one phone that I can't figure out just by sitting there and using it without reading the book on it!! GL.

New Address is the same as New Contact. After the contact is created, goto Profiles -> Advanced....click the Blackberry key and create a New Exception...you can specify a custom ringtone for the contact you just created.

Also how do I set the alarm? I inputed all the alarm info and couldn't figure out how to set the dang thing! I KNOW these are dumb question's but whatever.....I guess they figure that if you have a BB you have aleast a certain level of techy-ness which I obviously lacking!:banghead:

Go into the Alarm application, set the time you want for the alarm and change 'Daily Alarm' to On or Weekdays only.

Back