Black History Month

Bumblebee

Donating Member
Registered
I have been watching a few very interesting yet eye opening documentaries which are being shown for Black History Month....

One I found interesting was on the mass migration.......the oppression they faced was indescribable.....

The struggles of the early pioneers of inclusion were huge.....sadly the struggle continues to this day............

This thread is going to get us into the weeds of race relations PDQ. A pretty hot topic.
I don't think so....

This is the 21st century....it's high time to be putting these sorts of things behind us and move forward while still honoring the struggle.

It's something that needs to be discussed but not on this forum....

Here in Canada our relationship with the black community is quite different than that of the US....

Last edited:
This thread is going to get us into the weeds of race relations PDQ. A pretty hot topic.
That's as good a reason as any to ignore the truth (haha); "don't want to disturb the oppressors." See, you were right! Three posts into it ...

You all wouldn't believe the different America that minorities live in. But I'm not complaining. I was built for this journey, and I try to change what I can, I try to beat racists at their own game, and yes, I'll fight if that time comes. The way I see it, things aren't perfect but these are the 70 years I've been alotted here on this earth.

BTW: Thanks @Bumblebee for your post. I think when people look truthfully at history they want to do it better this time. When they want to stuff it in a closet it means that given the opportunity, they will do it again.

I watched a show on the History channel last night regarding the 761st Armored Unit that was supposed to be an experiment similar to the Red Tails....This unit held the record for the most time kept in battle of any other unit mostly because of racism and the leadership's lack of desire to have them in the rear echelon "relaxing." Similar to the Red Tails, it was Mrs Roosevelt that pushed for them to be included in the war roster.

These guys faced racism from start to beyond finish...even when they came home to an ungrateful nation and never received their Presidential Citation they deserved until 33 years after the war....

It was a really good documentary to watch.

Some problems just don't have a solution I'm afraid. Some injustices can never be reconciled. I was talking to a mate who'd taken a trip to France and he'd had a lot of trouble with the locals until they found out he was Australian and not English. Apparently the French don't like the English, or so he told me. It's a resentment thing that goes back centuries, it's bred into them. Every peoples seems to have it to some degree or another, look at how the Japanese treated China in WWII, they thought of them as sub-human. The Germans with the Russians, The south african races with those just across the border. I don't believe that just because we have smart phones and fuel injection that human nature has changed all that much.

Some problems just don't have a solution I'm afraid. Some injustices can never be reconciled. I was talking to a mate who'd taken a trip to France and he'd had a lot of trouble with the locals until they found out he was Australian and not English. Apparently the French don't like the English, or so he told me. It's a resentment thing that goes back centuries, it's bred into them. Every peoples seems to have it to some degree or another, look at how the Japanese treated China in WWII, they thought of them as sub-human. The Germans with the Russians, The south african races with those just across the border. I don't believe that just because we have smart phones and fuel injection that human nature has changed all that much.
There have been and will always be horrible atrocities conducted in the name of ethnic differences...

I've seen many of these first hand and it still amazes me that much hate can be generated....

Am watching a show on the original Black Panthers-the 761st Tank Battalion...it's a very interesting show...next up is the Harlem Hellfighters (15 National Guard) which I'll be watching....

Back