>   > Nor taking a stand.
>   >
>   >
>   >
>   >
>   >
>   > See, the PC Police had taken away
>   >
>   > The reason for Christmas - no one could say.
>   >
>   > The children were told by their schools not to sing
>   >
>   > About Shepherds, and Wise Men, and Angels and things.
>   >
>   >
>   >
>   >
>   >
>   > "It might hurt people's feelings,"
>   >
>   > the teachers would say.
>   >
>   > "December 25th is just a holiday."
>   >
>   > Yet the shoppers were ready
>   >
>   > with cash, checks and credit,
>   >
>   > Pushing folks to the floor just to get it!
>   >
>   >
>   >
>   >
>   >
>   > CDs by Madonna, an X BOX, an I-pod,
>   >
>   > Something was changing, something quite odd!
>   >
>   > Retailers promoted Ramadan and Kwanzaa
>   >
>   > In hopes to sell books by Franken & Fonda.
>   >
>   >
>   >
>   >
>   >
>   > As Targets were hanging their trees upside down,
>   >
>   > At Lowe's, the word "Christmas" was nowhere to be found.
>   >
>   > At K-Mart and Staples, at Penney's and Sears'
>   >
>   > You won't hear the word Christmas;
>   >
>   > It won't touch your ears.
>   >
>   >
>   >
>   >
>   >
>   > Inclusive, sensitive, Di-ver-si-ty
>   >
>   > Words that were used to intimidate me.
>   >
>   > Now Daschle, Now Darden, Now Sharpton, Wolf Blitzen
>   >
>   > On Boxer, on Rather, on Kerry, on Clinton!
>   >
>   >
>   >
>   >
>   >
>   > At the top of the Senate,
>   >
>   > There arose such a clatter
>   >
>   > To eliminate Jesus,
>   >
>   > In all public matter.
>   >
>   >
>   >
>   >
>   >
>   > And we spoke not a word,
>   >
>   > As they took away our faith,
>   >
>   > Forbidden to speak
>   >
>   > Of salvation and Grace!
>   >
>   >
>   >
>   >
>   >
>   > The true Gift of Christmas
>   >
>   > Was exchanged and discarded.
>   >
>   > The reason for the season,
>   >
>   > Stopped before it started.
>   >
>   >
>   >
>   >
>   >
>   > As you celebrate "Winter Break"
>   >
>   > Under your "Dream" or "Wish" tree,
>   >
>   > Sipping your Starbucks,
>   >
>   > Please listen to me.
>   >
>   >
>   >
>   >
>   >
>   > Choose your words carefully,
>   >
>   > Choose what you'll say ...
>   >
>   > SHOUT  "MERRY CHRISTMAS!"
>   >
>   >   - NOT "Happy Holiday" !
>   >
>   >

I still say merry Christmas to everyone... Especially out here in the land of the retarded liberal...

But, Christmas still has nothing to do with Christ, I know this, and I enjoy the hell out of the pagan holiday and the irony of the symbology added to the Christian faith...

So Merry Christmas, just remember that it has nothing to do with Christ.

laugh.gif
"The Retarded Liberal"

Okay, okay, that's good...

(VaBusa @ Dec. 05 2006,12:07)
laugh.gif
"The Retarded Liberal"

Okay, okay, that's good...
Well My whole life the Democrat/Liberals although I may not agree with them were allways well educated, well traveled, and what I would call intellectual.

Out here, it's the Damndest thing, it's like the complete opposite of the Southern Republican Hillbilly. We have the Northwestern Liberal City dweller. Far from being well educated and rounded they are small minded, thought optional, small-world-view liberals. It's creepy. They are complete tools. It's bizarre, towing a party line they don't understand. Not doing any original thinking, just going along for the ride.

They remind me of College Freshmen. First time away from home, first time they have been exposed to alternative thoughts and ideas and they just run with it. NO CLUE, but they are there spouting off about things they don't understand, because it's the popular thought. It's really bizarre.

All excitement and energy without any tempering via common sense or experiance.

(Revlis @ Dec. 05 2006,15:00) But, Christmas still has nothing to do with Christ, I know this, and I enjoy the hell out of the pagan holiday and the irony of the symbology added to the Christian faith...
Good point, but what was it called before Christ came around? Paganmas?

(Revlis @ Dec. 05 2006,12:00) I still say merry Christmas to everyone... Especially out here in the land of the retarded liberal...

But, Christmas still has nothing to do with Christ, I know this, and I enjoy the hell out of the pagan holiday and the irony of the symbology added to the Christian faith...

on contraire, mon frare - or however that goes.

CHRISTmas has EVERYTHING to do with Christ. If you choose to disconnect Christ from it for yourself and family, that is absolutely your right and choice and I, personally, would NEVER DREAM of trying to get you to do it any differently for yourself. Unlike the current trend stated by the above poem

That said, millions of Christians celebrate CHRISTmas as a representation of the birth of some guy that changed the world so much for the better. if ya don't think he's changed it for the better, just look around at what happens when you REMOVE him - pretty obvious actions to see, and we dont need to get into that. We don't care if it is not EXACTLY the actual birthday or not, as it is just a placeholder about the event.

If YOU decide he does fit your holiday, that is cool and more power to ya, but it's not right to state that CHRISTmas has nothing to do with Christ because it really does..... for everyone else.

I say, everyone celebrate what ya want to.... PUBLICALLY, and be respectful. I'll tell you Merry CHRISTmas, you tell me Happy Hannaka - and I will rejoice in your ability to be proud of whatever you believe and feel glad I am not trying to tell you to not OFFEND me by displaying your beliefs [no you REV, jsut in general].

Even though I am not German, I wouldn't be offended by someone offering up a "Geseuintite" [spelling] but I would be happy they were thinking enough of me to say ANYTHING.

Rev, you are not permitted to take Christ out of my CHRISTmas, because the holiday means something different to you...

think about this: how did it USED to be? In the 1890s, 1920's, 1940's 60's 70's and some 80's BEFORE we all got anal and politically correct.... that's right: they called it CHRISTmas, plane and simple. Now, society is ALL MESSED UP and we ALL agree it is, and in a bad way. So, NOW we stop calling it CHRISTmas.... with that line of thinking, does NOT calling it CHRISTmas make any sense? New label created by the same idiots that are redesigning society POORLY today?

I choose to not subscribe to their mindless PC dribble....

MERRY CHRISTMAS EVERYONE! ANd if you want to call it something else, and say that back to me, thanks for wishing a happy thought my way.

But don't tell me Christ has nothing to do with CHRISTmas. Like it, or believe it or not, he does.

I know your just poking me, REV. Nuttin but love, bro, nuttin but love!
biggrin.gif

(WWJD @ Dec. 05 2006,22:31)
(Revlis @ Dec. 05 2006,12:00) I still say merry Christmas to everyone...  Especially out here in the land of the retarded liberal...  

on contraire, mon frare - or however that goes.  

CHRISTmas has EVERYTHING to do with Christ.  If you choose to disconnect Christ from it for yourself and family, that is absolutely your right and choice and I, personally, would NEVER DREAM of trying to get you to do it any differently for yourself.   Unlike the current trend stated by the above poem

That said, millions of Christians celebrate CHRISTmas as a representation of the birth of some guy that changed the world so much for the better.   if ya don't think he's changed it for the better, just look around at what happens when you REMOVE him - pretty obvious actions to see, and we dont need to get into that.  We don't care if it is not EXACTLY the actual birthday or not, as it is just a placeholder about the event.  

If YOU decide he does fit your holiday, that is cool and more power to ya, but it's not right to state that CHRISTmas has nothing to do with Christ because it really does..... for everyone else.

I say, everyone celebrate what ya want to.... PUBLICALLY, and be respectful.  I'll tell you Merry CHRISTmas, you tell me Happy Hannaka - and I will rejoice in your ability to be proud of whatever you believe and feel glad I am not trying to tell you to not OFFEND me by displaying your beliefs [no you REV, jsut in general].

Even though I am not German, I wouldn't be offended by someone offering up a "Geseuintite" [spelling] but I would be happy they were thinking enough of me to say ANYTHING.

Rev, you are not permitted to take Christ out of my CHRISTmas, because the holiday means something different to you...

think about this:  how did it USED to be?  In the 1890s, 1920's, 1940's 60's 70's and some 80's   BEFORE we all got anal and politically correct....  that's right:  they called it CHRISTmas, plane and simple.  Now, society is ALL MESSED UP and we ALL agree it is, and in a bad way.  So, NOW we stop calling it CHRISTmas.... with that line of thinking, does NOT calling it CHRISTmas make any sense?  New label created by the same idiots that are redesigning society POORLY today?  

I choose to not subscribe to their mindless PC dribble....

MERRY CHRISTMAS EVERYONE!  ANd if you want to call it something else, and say that back to me, thanks for wishing a happy thought my way.

But don't tell me Christ has nothing to do with CHRISTmas.  Like it, or believe it or not, he does.

I know your just poking me, REV.  Nuttin but love, bro, nuttin but love!  
biggrin.gif
Actually, Rev is correct.  Long story short since I don't have time for the long version.  December 25th was a Pegan holiday.  The early in the history of the Christian religion, the Christian church was afraid that taking away the traditional Pegan holidays would lose converts, so they created Christmas to celebrate the birth of Christ on that day.  The actual date of His birth was never recorded.

That being said, I choose to celebrate the birth of Jesus Christ, my Lord and Savior, on Christmas Day, December 25.

(Devious @ Dec. 05 2006,09:05) >   > Choose your words carefully,
>   >
>   >
>   >
>   >
>   >
MERRY CHRISTMAS MOTHERF'RS

take that you pos pc liberals

beerchug.gif

(Revlis @ Dec. 05 2006,15:19) Well My whole life the Democrat/Liberals although I may not agree with them were allways well educated, well traveled, and what I would call intellectual.

Out here, it's the Damndest thing, it's like the complete opposite of the Southern Republican Hillbilly. We have the Northwestern Liberal City dweller. Far from being well educated and rounded they are small minded, thought optional, small-world-view liberals. It's creepy. They are complete tools. It's bizarre, towing a party line they don't understand. Not doing any original thinking, just going along for the ride.

They remind me of College Freshmen. First time away from home, first time they have been exposed to alternative thoughts and ideas and they just run with it. NO CLUE, but they are there spouting off about things they don't understand, because it's the popular thought. It's really bizarre.

All excitement and energy without any tempering via common sense or experiance.
I'm going to have to spend some time up in your neck of the woods at some point, so I can see with my own two eyes, the yellow-bellied, blue-necked Doofus Liberalus.

(psycobusa @ Dec. 05 2006,23:10)
(Devious @ Dec. 05 2006,09:05) >   > Choose your words carefully,
>   >
>   >
>   >
>   >
>   >
MERRY CHRISTMAS MOTHERF'RS

take that you pos pc liberals

beerchug.gif
Spoken like a true Texan...

jump9.gif

MERRY CHRISTMAS to you all, from "The Retarded Liberal".
jump9.gif

jump9.gif

jump9.gif

Rev didn't say "Back when celebrating the 25th of December was first initated..." He said Christ has nothing to do with CHRISTmas - as in NOW, today, and I beg to differ.

Again, I live in 2006, and am really not horrible concerned with events from 1200 whenever
smile.gif
I don't live in the past
biggrin.gif

MERRY CHRISTmas!

PS I just read that turning the tree upside down allows more room for GIFTS! Gee.... wonder who came up with that?

(WWJD @ Dec. 06 2006,12:01) Rev didn't say "Back when celebrating the 25th of December was first initated..."   He said Christ has nothing to do with CHRISTmas - as in NOW, today, and I beg to differ.

Again, I live in 2006, and am really not horrible concerned with events from 1200 whenever  
smile.gif
 I don't live in the past  
biggrin.gif

MERRY CHRISTmas!

PS I just read that turning the tree upside down allows more room for GIFTS!  Gee.... wonder who came up with that?
Merry Christmas Greg.

Back