BLACK DEVIL + ZAINO + SUN=

Oh, and what is MDF?
rock.gif
Medium-density fiberboard, I believe. One of the few things I was able to take from all those home improvement shows I used to watch!
laugh.gif
Ahhh, I see... Now you know how "handy" I am... or rather how handy I'm NOT!
blush.gif
Yep, Medium Density Fiberboard, a.k.a. Sawdust HELL!

The sawdust is like talcum powder, or the dust from sanding drywall. I was using a skill saw, and a router. Working in the driveway, but forgot to close the door.
wow.gif

I pulled the bikes out and hosed 'em off tonight, then spent an hour with the shop-vac cleaning the rest of the garage. Looks 200 times better now.
cool.gif

Being handy is not all it's cracked up to be. If I weren't handy, I wouldn't have near as many projects to fuggin do.

Here's a pic of a room I did. Framed in and added the french doors, hung the wall paper, and put in all the trim and window sills.

DSC00095.JPG

Just a close up of the window sill

I won't thread-jack any more.
wink.gif

DSC00099.JPG

and here's a shot of the entertainment center...no I didn't build it, because the wife wanted the room done too dam fast.

DSC00092.JPG

Looks like some nice work ya done there, man.
beerchug.gif
My Dad can do ANYTHING like that. My Grandfather was a true woodworkin' craftsman. Worked with wood and designed/built furniture all his life. Wish I had taken the time to learn more from him while he was still around.
wink.gif

Looks good, Strkr! Wish I had the skill to do stuff like that. Or maybe I wish I had the time to do stuff like that. Maybe one of these days.

Looks like some nice work ya done there, man.
beerchug.gif
My Dad can do ANYTHING like that. My Grandfather was a true woodworkin' craftsman. Worked with wood and designed/built furniture all his life. Wish I had taken the time to learn more from him while he was still around.
wink.gif
I'm definitely NOT a master craftsman, but I manage pretty well. I just hate the thought of paying someone to do what I can at least try to do first. This is the second house I've redone top to bottom, so I've had a bit of practice.

My wife says that it's the reason she dosen't mind me having the two bikes and the newer truck. She says it's her way of paying me for the labor charges, and showing her appreciation for all my work. I guess it does have it's rewards, but it can be a pain-in-the-a$$ sometimes.

Looks good, Strkr! Wish I had the skill to do stuff like that. Or maybe I wish I had the time to do stuff like that. Maybe one of these days.
BigBSBusa, all you have to do is be willing to screw up a few initial projects, and you would be surprised what you can learn to do.

I started out by watching a LOT of "Hometime" and "This Old House". My first project was a ceramic tile floor. Took forever, but it turned out nice. Then came the trim projects.

It's all about starting out small and working your way up. You just have to keep reminding yourself how much money your saving.
biggrin.gif

Stay safe out there, and thanks for your service
beerchug.gif

BigBSBusa, all you have to do is be willing to screw up a few initial projects, and you would be surprised what you can learn to do.

I started out by watching a LOT of "Hometime" and "This Old House". My first project was a ceramic tile floor. Took forever, but it turned out nice. Then came the trim projects.

It's all about starting out small and working your way up. You just have to keep reminding yourself how much money your saving.
biggrin.gif

Stay safe out there, and thanks for your service
beerchug.gif
You call doin' a tile floor as yer first project "startin' out small"?
rock.gif
drooling3.gif
wink.gif

Bullet.
Doing the Zaino mod......
I'm on coat #2 of the #5 stuff. Waiting for it to dry and then out comes the #2 stuff. Any special tricks/tips ya want to share with me?
Thanks, Dave

Bullet.
Doing the Zaino mod......
I'm on coat #2 of the #5 stuff. Waiting for it to dry and then out comes the #2 stuff. Any special tricks/tips ya want to share with me?
Thanks, Dave
One nice tip is to dampen the applicator pad surface with Z6 before applying the polish. Helps make it go on smooth and evenly. Also make sure you do the Z6 wipedowns between coats. It really increases the gloss.
wink.gif

I know the pic above will prolly get deleted by the mods, but that's ok. Thing is, mctrull, to keep nippin' at my ass like you do you have to be BEHIND me and ON YOUR KNEES.
laugh.gif

Yes, I do to see your little bobo or to see that little bicycle when you are sitting on it. I see you bought one in a jar so you could see what they look like since you haven't seen yours since you were five, LOL. Oh, how is the health kick going? LOL, yeah right! Just like the, "Oh poor pitiful me, I can't afford my bills I must sell the busa!" LOL! Such a poser, go wash your bike! LOL!

Yes, I do to see your little bobo or to see that little bicycle when you are sitting on it. I see you bought one in a jar so you could see what they look like since you haven't seen yours since you were five, LOL. Oh, how is the health kick going? LOL, yeah right! Just like the, "Oh poor pitiful me, I can't afford my bills I must sell the busa!" LOL! Such a poser, go wash your bike! LOL!
Yer too cute...
wink.gif

BT, your ride is looking sweet. Love that shine. It's really starting to grow on me. I could see a ZX-10R as a second ride for me. It would have to be second though cuz the Busa will always be #1 for me...

Back