Zaino Z8

BulletTrain

Call me Daddy...
Donating Member
Registered
Ok, I got my Z8 in today. Also went ahead and bought some Z2 PRO. I'm in training today (givin' some old patrol cars HELL on the driving range... cone course, threshold braking, Stinger spikes, driving simulator, etc...
super.gif
) but I came home on our break between day and night driving and found a box of Zaino waitin'.
biggrin.gif

I don't have time to do it full justice and do pics today, but I did try out the Z8 on Diablo's tank. Man, that stuff is slick! Definitely an improvement over Z6 for puttin' that sparkle back on some old Zaino. My ride is due for a new coat of Z2 but the Z8 made it look like it does with a fresh coat of Z2. I can't imagine how slick it will be when I actually do get a fresh coat of Z2 on it and then finish with Z8.
drooling3.gif

So far after seein' what it done to my weathered coat of Z2 I've gotta say that Z8 is sweet! Those of you who were waitin' for my review can go ahead and place your order. I think Z8 is going to be great stuff. Of course I'll get some pics and a better review up ASAP (may be weekend though with my schedule this week).
wink.gif

Ok bt for a youngster new to the zaino what are the minimum bottles of zaino you recomend for a panty droppin coat
rock.gif

Ok, I got my Z8 in today. Also went ahead and bought some Z2 PRO. I'm in training today (givin' some old patrol cars HELL on the driving range... cone course, threshold braking, Stinger spikes, driving simulator, etc...
super.gif
) but I came home on our break between day and night driving and found a box of Zaino waitin'.
biggrin.gif

I don't have time to do it full justice and do pics today, but I did try out the Z8 on Diablo's tank. Man, that stuff is slick! Definitely an improvement over Z6 for puttin' that sparkle back on some old Zaino. My ride is due for a new coat of Z2 but the Z8 made it look like it does with a fresh coat of Z2. I can't imagine how slick it will be when I actually do get a fresh coat of Z2 on it and then finish with Z8.
drooling3.gif

So far after seein' what it done to my weathered coat of Z2 I've gotta say that Z8 is sweet! Those of you who were waitin' for my review can go ahead and place your order. I think Z8 is going to be great stuff. Of course I'll get some pics and a better review up ASAP (may be weekend though with my schedule this week).
wink.gif
I told ya it would get the BT stamp of approval.
smile.gif

first time zaino , no bike yet! what do i need to order ? the whole detailers kit or just a couple different bottles:D

Ok bt for a youngster new to the zaino what are the minimum bottles of zaino you recomend for a panty droppin coat
rock.gif
Ok, him... and johnstein...

Very minimum would be Z2, ZFX, and Z6. I highly recommend the car wash as well if you hand/hose wash your own cars/bikes. I use Zaino car wash in my Mr. Clean AutoDry and I love how that works out. You only need to add Z5 to your order if you have micro swirls to cover before going with the slick, shiny stuff.
wink.gif

I told ya it would get the BT stamp of approval.
smile.gif
I had little doubt that it would... but you never know.
wink.gif
I've tried everything else in the Zaino line-up and liked it all, but I won't stand behind anything until I have used it and liked it. There are enough folks out there that just pimp stuff without regard to how good it is.

Thanks Chris ... was just waiting on your stamp of approval ... the Z8 is next on my shopping list.

BT, will you use Z8 as a replacement or as an enhancement to Z6?

BT, will you use Z8 as a replacement or as an enhancement to Z6?
I'm going to get with Zaino and see if there's any drawback to using Z8 every time one would use Z6. If there's no drawback I'll replace Z6 with it. It works that good... It's just that on the Zaino site it says Z8 isn't for everyday use... Here's the quote: "But keep in mind, Z-8 isn't for everyone, and it hasn't been designed for everyday use. It's for those special occasions and extreme instances when you need extra performance from the Zaino Show Car Polish System."

I'm sure overuse of Z8 wouldn't cause paint problems, but there may be drawbacks of some sort. Until I hear from Zaino on this I'll keep using Z6 between coats and just use Z8 as a booster when I'm done, and/or before rides.

Actually, I think I found the answer... Judging by the FAQ's on the Zaino site it appears that he left Z6 as a cost conscious option for the budget minded users. As you can see, at the bottom of the last question, they say they use Z8 all the time. Looks like they were just makin' it clear that Z8 is a specialty product and could be cost prohibitive to use in place of the cheaper Z6.

I emailed them anyway, just to be sure. I'll post up when they reply.
wink.gif
Here's the FAQ's quoted from their site...

FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS

Does Z-8 replace Z-6 Ultra Clean Gloss Enhancer Spray?
No. For most detailers, both Z-8 and Z-6 play important roles in the overall gloss and protection of your vehicles finish.

When would I use Z-8 verses Z-6?
Z-6 would continue to be used for quick details to remove dust and soil between washes as well as for daily maintenance. Z-8 would be used for the extra protection and that extra zing in gloss needed for special occasions.

Can I layer an application of Z-8 over Z-6?
Sure. Some have chosen a quick wipe down with Z-6 prior to a final detail using Z-8 to achieve added gloss.

Can I use Z-8 daily on my vehicle’s finish?
Yes, but for many of our customers, it is simply not cost effective to use Z-8 daily. Like a very fine wine, some may decide to have it every evening at dinner, yet others choose to save the finest for only special occasions. It’s really up to you.

Do I use Z-8 or Z-6 between coats of Zaino Show Car Polishes (Z-2 PRO, Z-3 and Z-5)?
Either Z-6 or Z-8 will achieve fantastic results. For our more budget conscious customers, outstanding results have and will continue to be attained using Z-6 prior to each application of Zaino polish. We’re spoiled; we use Z-8 all the time.[/QUOTE]

Oh, and with that in mind... I'll definitely be using Z8 in place of Z6. You all know how I am about my paint.
biggrin.gif

I may do the same as you and use Z8 initially just to see how it works (not that I don't belive you just to see how effective I am at using it). Then probably do a one-for-one replacement. It really just makes me want to get back and clean Baby J!

I may do the same as you and use Z8 initially just to see how it works (not that I don't belive you just to see how effective I am at using it). Then probably do a one-for-one replacement. It really just makes me want to get back and clean Baby J!
Got this reply straight from Sal Zaino himself... I'm going to use up what Z6 I have for between coats and quick wipedowns, and when it's gone I'm going Z8 all the way.
wink.gif
And I hear ya on wantin' to be back here cleanin' on "J", bro. Soon, but not soon enough, huh?
wink.gif

Quote from Sal's reply...

If money is no object then use Z-8 in place of Z-6
I use Z-8 all THE TIME....[/QUOTE]

wink.gif

Sounds good, BT! Should be back in a couple months, but being back now would be great!

Back