Bizarre question for the mechanics here

Since the tires have been changed, and the problem is restricted to only the right front wheel, despite having at least four different wheel/tire combinations on that corner it can't be an issue with the tire, the valvestem, or the wheel. They are factory aluminum wheels, but even after rotating the tires and swapping the spare for the right front that corner of the vehicle still is the only one affected with this issue.

It gave me an excuse to buy an air compressor a year ago. I guess it's not all bad!

I have no idea what you mean with the Herbie reference Outlaw...I'm exceptionally ignorant when it comes to pop culture references though. :laugh: The Jeep has no name that I'm aware of - though one day it got called a lot of names when I discovered the aluminum wheel in the back had rusted onto the steel hub so badly the only way I could get it off was to drive it down the street with the lug nuts loosened.

someone is messing with you or the "bride" when your not looking. :whistle: i don't think it's a mechanical problem in my opinion.

It takes six weeks to drop from 40 to 15? I check all the tires in mine and my parents fleets weekly.

My advice would be to do the same, on a Saturday or Sunday. The vehicle weight is probably overloading the tire in that curve to a stop you mention, as I doubt those tires are rated for over 2,000lbs each. Trying not using the brakes, but rather down-shifting the transmission to get rid of most of your momentum, that's what I do when driving my parent's vehicles.

Remove the wheel off the car. Clean the rim. Toss it in a swimming pool and watch for bubbles come out in said area.

get some 18's on it, less chance of sidewall deflection. or get out of the neighborhood by a different route for a few weeks, see if it makes a difference. ask your neighbors if they're having the same issue?

I can't buy that this is vandalism. This isn't a small town, and neither of us are from here (no childhood enemies here). We are both professionals who have professional coworkers. Again, this is a seven year long issue.

The Atomic Ass and Ogre are thinking along the lines I am. Unfortunately the only other way out of the subdivision would require some actual 4-wheeling, and I can't imagine the kind of letters I'd be getting from my lawn care service after a month of that route...they already complain that I don't sharpen my mower blades enough. :laugh:

2busa, my wife would kill me if she caught me throwing the wheel and tire in the swimming pool. In any event, if I move that wheel/tire combination to the rear the leak will probably stop...just as it did when I moved the leaking right front to the right rear during tire rotation a year ago...that previously leaking tire/wheel combo hasn't leaked since.

I think going to 18 or 20 inch rims and stiffer sidewalls may help if indeed it is the force of the turn causing the sidewall to flex enough to let a little air out of the bead. Spending $1000 or more on new wheels for a $5000 vehicle is something I would have done when I was twenty though...though that equation would have been more like spending $500 for wheels for a $300 vehicle back in those days.

For $1000, I'll just air the tire up.

StromBusa, you're absolutely correct. I should make a routine of checking this tire weekly, as The Atomic Ass suggested.

Thanks again all for the thoughts. Like I wrote, this is a bizarre thing.

Time for a video camera...somebody is pranking you.

CW
yep....

I keep thinking about the guy dumping a couple gallons of gas in his buddies car so he can brag about mileage... later he starts taking it back

:rofl:

Back