Chevy engine problems

DrBoom

Donating Member
Registered
In just the last few days my tahoe has been running like crap. It idles fine but above 2500 rpm the engine just doesnt accelerate. Air cleaner good. Tried a new fuel filter (worked excellent after that for 1 day) and did an oil change, which it was time anyway. If I gun it the vehicle just boggs and I slow down! Slow accelleration is ok until the 2500 rpm mark. Tomorrow I'm going to try to get it hooked up to an analyzer, check engine light finally turned on. This vehicle has run like a raped ape until now. Thoughts Please!!!!!!!!!!

I am having the same problem with my 99 ranger, it boggs at 3000revs, and i could swear it was only running on two or three cyclinders, (out of 4)

that sux about the ranger too. i thought i had it after the fuel filter too. engine doesn't get hot or burn oil either does it.

have you changed the exhaust??

Prolly an o2 sensor gone bad

Does the truck run rich?

have you changed the exhaust??

Prolly an o2 sensor gone bad

Does the truck run rich?
Stock exhaust , possibly an o2 but I wouldn't have thought it would make it run like that , but then I'm really not a mechanic either. Doesn't seem like it is running rich. And it makes a sound like the fan is doing about mach 6 when you are driving, loud whirring souind, should have mentioned that in the original post.

what year is it?

how is the gas milage?

<!--EDIT|heavybusa
Reason for Edit: None given...|1153027155 -->

my best guess would be either a bad o2 or catalitic converter.

either would cause the ecu to over compensate fuel when it doesnt need when accelerating it which makes it runs like shib and get bad gas milage.

cant explain the fan unless the truck is running hot.

my best guess would be either a bad o2 or catalitic converter.

either would cause the ecu to over compensate fuel when it doesnt need when accelerating it which makes it runs like shib and get bad gas milage.

cant explain the fan unless the truck is running hot.
Thanx for all your guys' help. It's not hot , but the fan "whirring sound " kind of perplexes me. I'm kind of wondering about the mass air flow sensor also.

Then the fan will only move as fast as the RPMs, its bolted directly to the engine

that may be the A/C fan kicking in.

yeah it's hard to say, and it just started doing it when the engine started acting up. thanks for your help by the way.

I will thanks. Hopefully I can get him to his shop on a sunday( probably just take a 12 pack), if not it'll be monday.

exhaust gas temp sensor There is a three letter id for it. Mine did that (s-10 blazer-vortec V-6) Sits in front of the intake manifold.

Check engine light..ruff idle..smoking exhaust..runs rich..boggs..

EGT..something like that. Has an electrical connetor attahed to it.

hogger...

<!--EDIT|hogger
Reason for Edit: None given...|1153042561 -->

Back