Trading in the Busa for a Can-am Spyder

thrasherfox

BUSA
Donating Member
Registered
My brother in law who works for a motorcycle dealership drove home one of their new vehicles.

Can-Am Spyder

http://spyder.brp.com/

So he comes driving (or is it riding?) anyway him and his daughter on the back arive at the house on this thing.

each of the sale persons get to demo it for a day..

They have also already pre-sold 7 of them.

they are not classified as a motorcycle so no motorcycel endorsement required (from what he told me).

they get around 40mpg, they have a kick but storage trunk in the front

And with the big a$$ tire in the rear he laid rubber as he left my house.

starting price is $18K

Well...I followed the link. Too slow and bulky for me. Hmmmm....kinda like the vehicle itself
laugh.gif

It seems a bit cumbersome to me; believe I've seen a show about it recently...it just looked huge...

(newmill @ Jun. 20 2007,13:17) Well...I followed the link. Too slow and bulky for me. Hmmmm....kinda like the vehicle itself  
laugh.gif
Hey!! the speedo has a top speed of 200 listed!!!

but my brother in-law thinks it probably only does 140.

but if it only does 140 not sure why they would put a 200 gauge on it.

I think it would be great for commuting back and forth to work, driving to the coast on weekends...
super.gif

(VaBusa @ Jun. 20 2007,13:20) It seems a bit cumbersome to me; believe I've seen a show about it recently...it just looked huge...
It IS HUGE!!! size matters remember!! lol

yeah it is big. I dont think it is a replacement for a motorcycle, just kind of cool looking and maybe something for some who likes wind and bugs in their face but a lot of stability.

oh did I mention it has a reverse lol

(thrasherfox @ Jun. 20 2007,16:24)
(VaBusa @ Jun. 20 2007,13:20) It seems a bit cumbersome to me; believe I've seen a show about it recently...it just looked huge...

yeah it is big. I dont think it is a replacement for a motorcycle, just kind of cool looking and maybe something for some who likes wind and bugs in their face but a lot of stability.

Real men don't need reverse
laugh.gif

I forgot, it's all about the size! LOL Men...
wink.gif

(Vic_E55_2001 @ Jun. 20 2007,13:24) Did you tried it? I think if it stays vertical when cornering then it`s not a motorcycle.
yes it stays vertical.

No I didnt try it. he told me I could take it out for a spin but I dont really like borrowing, riding, driving other peoples stuff.

(VaBusa @ Jun. 20 2007,13:25)
(thrasherfox @ Jun. 20 2007,16:24)

Real men don't need reverse
laugh.gif

I forgot, it's all about the size!  LOL  Men...  
wink.gif
smileyexhibit.gif

Looks Cool........
Maybe good for around the town
cruises........ I need to see it up close
and test it for myself. I don't think I would consider
giving up my motorcycles for it.........

MSRP is less than $16K. it's 200 kilometers per hour. They ride nice, I test rode it at Americade. Test ride included sweepers at 80+ MPH, it sticks... It will spin the wheel up to 30MPH and then traction control kicks in... I'd ride it if they gave me one, some states are undecided on the M/C endorsement thing...

(thrasherfox @ Jun. 20 2007,13:11) they are not classified as a motorcycle so no motorcycel endorsement required (from what he told me).
Sounds like something else for uneducated people to get hurt on; kinda like those scooters I see running around here only faster.

(DNGrumpy @ Jun. 20 2007,14:09) MSRP is less than $16K.  it's 200 kilometers per hour.  They ride nice, I test rode it at Americade.  Test ride included sweepers at 80+ MPH, it sticks...  It will spin the wheel up to 30MPH and then traction control kicks in...  I'd ride it if they gave me one, some states are undecided on the M/C endorsement thing...
I didnt realize each state had that type of control.

(thrasherfox @ Jun. 20 2007,14:41)
(DNGrumpy @ Jun. 20 2007,14:09) MSRP is less than $16K.  it's 200 kilometers per hour.  They ride nice, I test rode it at Americade.  Test ride included sweepers at 80+ MPH, it sticks...  It will spin the wheel up to 30MPH and then traction control kicks in...  I'd ride it if they gave me one, some states are undecided on the M/C endorsement thing...
...and you call yerself an' American.
flamethrowingsmiley.gif

RSD.
laugh.gif

I actually took a test ride on this thing when the tour came to Coleman Powersport. Cornering is a bit crazy. Very difficult IMHO. The speed was not there either. The guy said that is because I was use to a Busa. He may be right
tounge.gif
IMHO, I would not buy this thing for me. It would be cool for a spouse or friend that has no interest in 2 wheels.

(rubbersidedown @ Jun. 20 2007,14:52)
flamethrowingsmiley.gif

RSD.  
laugh.gif
Write todays date down...in 24K gold. I agree with RSD!!!

(MsMeow @ Jun. 20 2007,14:18)
(thrasherfox @ Jun. 20 2007,13:11) they are not classified as a motorcycle so no motorcycel endorsement required (from what he told me).
Sounds like something else for uneducated people to get hurt on; kinda like those scooters I see running around here only faster.
Sad to say I have to agree with you. There are a lot of new scooter pilots here and....OMG
SHOCKED.gif

(newmill @ Jun. 20 2007,15:14)
(rubbersidedown @ Jun. 20 2007,14:52)
flamethrowingsmiley.gif

RSD.  
laugh.gif
Write todays date down...in 24K gold. I agree with RSD!!!
newmill...yer commin' around my bro
beerchug.gif
laugh.gif

RSD.

laugh.gif

Nah. Had a wreck at the track....suffering from a concussion still  
tounge.gif

Upside to it tho...got stradled by a fine young redhead with skills (female)
biggrin.gif

wreck.jpg

Back