Bike won't turn over

Busa Boi 09

Registered
I just recently attempted to bring my bike back to life after it sitting for a year due to military commitments. I replaced the stator today because my original one self destructed while I was going down the interstate last May. I got everything hooked up and topped off new oil. All dash lights work normally. Bike will turn but not turn over. Bike is in neutral. "CHEC" indication is visible and oil light is illuminated. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

The bike won't turn over? Kick it harder! :laugh:

Did you use a Battery Tender while the bike was being stored? If so, have you had the battery tested just to rule it out?

I have a charger hooked up to it right now. I did NOT have it on a tender while eI was away.

Sounds like that's gonna be your problem.

Also, have you checked the bike over for rodentia issues? Mice have been known to make their way inside of motorcycles and chew up the wiring when the bike has been sitting for a long time.

That's just something else I would check before putting her back on the road, but get the battery squared away for now. After going uncharged for a year, you may just need a replacement.

Do you think that it cold be the battery, even if I have it hooked up to a "jump start" charger?

Also, i just noticed something the last time I went out to try to start it. When you turn the key it the bike usually makes that very whistling sound. Mine is n't making it right now. I never knew what the heck it was for. Maybe the fuel injection? Who knows. Anyway I DO know that it isn't making that noise anymore.

The noise you're looking for would be the fuel pump coming on. Yes, I'm still going with the battery. If you want to, try charging it for a while, then take it to Autozone, Advance, etc and have it tested. I'm betting they'll tell you it's just plain dead.

I am going to go buy one after my lady friend leaves. THis is getting costly, but I am hell bent on getting this bike back in the game

Wet lead acid bike batteries don't like sitting for long periods without a battery tender..........they die. My 04 busa and 06 14 stock batteries are going strong thanks to battery tenders. If I had let them sit for a year in the bikes, I would have had to buy a new one every year. I watch some riding buds do that every season....MUCH more expensive than buying a battery tender and a battery every 9-10 years :laugh:
And I've watched guys completely tear bikes apart and replace parts when all the problem was was a bad battery. Modern bikes are rolling computers, you will see a ton of weird problems from a bad battery.......always check the simple things first :thumbsup:

Thanks for the input so far. I am going to go get a battery now and I will post the results, or more questions after I swap i out.

I checked the kill switch. That burned me a bunch as a new bike owner. I went with the gut feeling of the ORG members and bought a battery. My bike has been sitting for a year. I threw the new battery in and she cranked right on up, first attempt! And she ran like I stole her! Thanks for all the help. Org members have never let me down. :cheerleader:

I checked the kill switch. That burned me a bunch as a new bike owner. I went with the gut feeling of the ORG members and bought a battery. My bike has been sitting for a year. I threw the new battery in and she cranked right on up, first attempt! And she ran like I stole her! Thanks for all the help. Org members have never let me down. :cheerleader:

Good deal! :beerchug:

Back