Can't see the turn signal indicator lights on the dash, any fix to this?

cyclefarm

Registered
I end up leaving my turn signals on unknowingly due to the fact that I can hardly see the green indicator lights on my dash. I've never had the dash apart. I wonder if the top turn indicator lights can be swapped with the lower neutral and high beam lights? I'd rather have the turn indicators down low where I could see them. Has anyone ever had the dash apart to see if this is possible?

Not sure, But your not the only one leaving them on, I have followed many a rider.

Blinker,Blinker,Blinker,Blinker,Blinker,Blinker

And yes I have done it also

I end up leaving my turn signals on unknowingly due to the fact that I can hardly see the green indicator lights on my dash. I've never had the dash apart. I wonder if the top turn indicator lights can be swapped with the lower neutral and high beam lights? I'd rather have the turn indicators down low where I could see them. Has anyone ever had the dash apart to see if this is possible?

Stock windscreen, right?
I had the same problem til I switched to a Zero Gravity Double Bubble wind screen. Now I can see all the dash and it's lights.
You could also look at a Puig windscreen, same basic build as a ZG.

Not sure, But your not the only one leaving them on, I have followed many a rider.

Blinker,Blinker,Blinker,Blinker,Blinker,Blinker

And yes I have done it also

Lol. Have you seen the motorcycle hand signal vid? Search youtube if not its funny.
Posted via Mobile Device

I kind of like the stock screen. Does the double bubble put more turbulance i.e. noise around your head? My hayabusa with the stock screen is quieter than my BMW R1100S, the higher screen on the BMW puts more turbulence around my head.

Still wonder if the turn indicator and HL/Neutral lights could be swapped?

I kind of like the stock screen. Does the double bubble put more turbulance i.e. noise around your head? My hayabusa with the stock screen is quieter than my BMW R1100S, the higher screen on the BMW puts more turbulence around my head.

Still wonder if the turn indicator and HL/Neutral lights could be swapped?

If any body could swap them this guy could do it.. Email Scott at bluegauges.com :thumbsup:

i got those led's with hayabusa etched in mirrors...so i see when they are on most of the time since i always check mirror

DSCF1559 (Small).JPG

try to remember to turn that sucker off before you land into problems. i almost had a harsh reminder once when i forgot to turn it off and a car thot i was turning..., of course i curssed the hell outta her just to find out my blinker was on! ZG screen helps too

Just FYI (without stating the obvious), it's really easy to retrofit your own stuff. I fitted a GSXR 1000 gauge cluster to my bike and I didn't like the solitary little green light on the dash so I ran some leads off the main blinker lines to superbright LEDs that I mounted in my dash.

Even in bright daylight, they are very visible. They have a neat looking little aluminum heatsink that surrounds the lamp too :thumbsup:
gauges1.jpg

287660640_o.jpg

What you're suggesting involves more than just swapping out the lights (LEDs), they're soldered to the printed circuit board. You would have to break the traces (connections) to each of the LEDs and reroute the circuits to the new locations on the board with some jumper wires. Once that's done then you'd have to swap out the lenses on the face plate. Tedious work, but I'm sure it can be done.

Simple fix would be to simply press the indicator release button every time you make a turn or go old school using just hand signals. :poke:

That's what I was wondering- if it was a printed circuit board under there. I didn't feel like taking it apart so you anwered my question., thanks.

I don't feel like adding more lights to my bike, I kinda like the simple stock look. However...

Wonder if there's a self cancelling timer or beeper to plug into this bike?

do what I do...get in the habit...every time you change gears from 1st to 2nd..make a habit out of pressing the turn signal cancel:thumbsup: you can also get 2 of those led liscense plate bolts and wire one to one side of the turn and the other to the other,,drill 2 holes in the triple tree and place them there where you can see them in your face bright...keep the stock windscreen

Back