Bike Fitness

Is it possible this is the first post on the forum re: bike fitness???
Ryan F9 video:

Maybe the above thread? But I am not sure about the resurrection spell policy...

I recall being surprised in Neil Peart's Ghost Rider that, after riding all the way to Alaska, he returned home to find that his fitness had declined after weeks of sitting on the bike.

I just got back from two days / 500 miles. While I am tired, I don't recall any points where I thought: "This would be a better experience if I where in better condition."

Coming from an off-road racing background where fitness is king, I am inclined to suggest that, for the average road rider, keeping a reasonable body weight and cardio stamina is sufficient. I am hoping that this will allow me to ride comfortably into my 70's.

That and extra-small tee shirts...

IMG_6304-M.jpg

I recall being surprised in Neil Peart's Ghost Rider that, after riding all the way to Alaska, he returned home to find that his fitness had declined after weeks of sitting on the bike.

I just got back from two days / 500 miles. While I am tired, I don't recall any points where I thought: "This would be a better experience if I where in better condition."

Coming from an off-road racing background where fitness is king, I am inclined to suggest that, for the average road rider, keeping a reasonable body weight and cardio stamina is sufficient. I am hoping that this will allow me to ride comfortably into my 70's.

That and extra-small tee shirts...

View attachment 1680265

That old man is jacked...

Back