ha...will i fit?

Lovespeed

Registered
Ight im 6'5" 270 will i fit on one of these things or what? This is the fastest and thats what i want. Im used to drving harleys so this will be a new experience. But before i even go and look will i fit on one of these things. and also my g/f wants to ride is there anouther seat or a way to add a seat back there? thanks for the info. as i said im new at this forum and with these type of bikes so please help thanks!

you should....

seat does come with the bike, and it should be comfy for your passenger.

Totally different from your harley...you need to be careful.

+1 going from a harley to a busa is like going from a moped to a harley.
biggrin.gif

again, careful on the busa, it'll surprise you. As for fit, I fit on the Busa just fine, and I'm 6'10", and over 350lbs, Your set, trust me.
biggrin.gif

oh yeah well im....well im 5'8 200. so there...im sorry small mans complex again. my buddy is 6'5 270 and he does just fine, but when he rode our friends r1 he looked a bit funny ,

I ride with a guy thats just your size and he is very comfortable on the busa. Your passenger may not be as comfortable as a harley, but they are acceptable. Please take the advice on the performance aspects of the hayabusa and be careful while you get used to it. My biggest adjustment was getting used to the closing speed. You feel like your going 65 mph and you look down and your running 120. Try it, you will like it!

lol thanks guys...sounds like i will fit just fine. I guess i will go shop for one this weekend.

by the way the harley i rode was a fat boy bored and stroked 1400cc engine...so how much faster are we talking
firedevil.gif

lol thanks guys...sounds like i will fit just fine. I guess i will go shop for one this weekend.

by the way the harley i rode was a fat boy bored and stroked 1400cc engine...so how much faster are we talking
firedevil.gif
Your HD had a top speed of?
Quarter mile speed?
Dyno numbers?

A stock Busa will top out at 186, do the quarter mile in under 10 seconds and will dyno around 160rwhp.

I ride my own but have ridden on the back a few times and can't imagine going for any long day rides as a passenger. IMO the Busa is not passenger friendly. I'm 5'9 and slender so that has nothing to do with it. Just not comfy back there!!!

Good luck on your shopping trip and.......talk her into learning to ride her own.
biggrin.gif
You'll both have more fun!!!!

As far as your height, get the lower offset pegs, and some bar risers. This helps allot for the taller folks. Im 6'3" and I like it better than my 2002 Softtail Deuce. My wife also prefers the busa over the Harley for comfort. If your going from a heritage or a large cruiser it would be a different story. After owning this bike I couldnt see myself going back to a Harley.

You will fit, but will likely want to make some mods for comfort. reward69 listed some to start with.

My wife actually prefers the Busa seat to that of my Honda Shadow.
I love the Shadow pillion seats....I don't like the riding position though...my legs get cramped...

Where in Ohio are you Lovespeed?
I live in pickerington,ohio...basically central ohio if you dont know where picktown is...

yeah if those pegs and risers make it more comfortable i will probably be looking into those.

im 6'1 290 (fat boy) i went from a 2000 heritage to a 05 black/silver busa and i have room to spare but i will tell you if you have a belly you want be laying down on the tank

firedevil.gif
Like "Holy Sh!t" faster.

<!--EDIT|GSXTacy
Reason for Edit: None given...|1131602711 -->

f2355f68954926329a62339b2ee84d8d.jpg

You'll fit...no problem.
cool.gif

The performance change and handling will be the biggest adjustment. If you take your time and get used to the bike, you'll be fine.

One warning though: After riding the Busa for a while, then getting back on the Harley, you will swear that something is wrong with the Harley. There isn't anything wrong, other than it has less than half the power and handles like a pig compared to the Busa.

I'm not hating Harley's...see my signature. It's just the facts.

Oh...your g/f probably won't like the rear seat. My wife didn't. This can be a good thing though, since you end up riding single most of the time.
cool.gif

cool.gif

Back