ha...will i fit?

by the way the harley i rode was a fat boy bored and stroked 1400cc engine...so how much faster are we talking
firedevil.gif
I had a Softail with the Big Bore kit that produced 96.9 hp AND 102 ft lbs of Torque capable of 140 mph. I know what you're used to. To put it into perspective .. on the Harley your top reachable speed realistically was 120 mph and it took ya about 1/2 mile to 3/4 of a mile to get it up there. feels pretty good. On the Busa you can reach 120 mph shortly after shifting into 2nd gear if you stay in first to 10k. It has been said that you can reach 105 mph in 1st. I've personally gotten to 90. No I'm not kidding.

Now for the disclaimer ... ALWAYS WEAR YOUR GEAR! Do NOT do this in a residential neighborhood! ALWAYS WEAR YOUR GEAR! Do not do this in front of law enforcement Personnel ( Unless of course they are riding WITH you) ALWAYS WEAR YOUR GEAR! This WILL become addicting. Did I mention to ALWAYS WEAR YOUR GEAR!?! I fell into the Harley mode of riding for 5 years of Jeans Shirt and doo rag or Beanie with the Harley Boots. I was STUPID! After riding for 20 years I had my first fall on the Busa. luckily I heeded the words of the board members and got some riding gear, Helmet, Armored jacket gloves etc. When i went down I was able to walk away unscathed. Did close to $3500 worth of damage to the Busa. I was unhurt minus a neck injury from landing directly on my head. Had it not been for the gear I'd have been a LOT worse off! Enough Preaching... Go get yourself a Busa and prepare to leave the Harley @ home unless the GF wants to go cruising too. I recently sold my Softail and the Dresser will be in the Garage in December ( FLHTCUI ).

I'm 6'5" 265 and here's what I look like on the bus. I've also done the buel peg mod, Tobin seat and heli bars which has made it even more comfortable.

BS

mebusa.JPG

Big Sloppy,
You did the tobin mod at 6'5"? Did he add material?
It's on my list but at 6'4" it's almost cramped in legs now.

lol thanks guys...sounds like i will fit just fine. I guess i will go shop for one this weekend.

by the way the harley i rode was a fat boy bored and stroked 1400cc engine...so how much faster are we talking
firedevil.gif
The Harley sounds fast. So you crack the pipes the bike is load it rumbles you think your going fast (which you are). On the busa you twist the throttle you say to yourself this is fast you look at the spedo it says 130 your like holy crap I thought I was going 70.

When I ride the Heritage I want to whip it like a jockey. As far as the gf. My wife prefers the Harley - like sitting on a Lazyboy. I also prefer her on the Harley, she can sit back relax and not be falling in to me every turn and espicially down hill.
I'm 6'2 the wife is 5' 11 so that makes a difference also.

You'll love the bike but coming off the Harley and getting on the Busa does take some getting used to take your time, and what everyone says is true the speed on the Busa is deceptive, you'll swear your running 65-75 and you'll all of a sudden look down Oh Shid 100+ now if you just get a hanful of throttle and take it wide open throttle thru first second and third make no mistake then you find out what the Busa is, Thats when you get this little thing called the Perma-Grin I kid you not your face will look like this
wow.gif
wow.gif
wow.gif
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif

wow.gif

wow.gif

biggrin.gif

biggrin.gif

haha...yeah i guess ill fit! good cause I want one! and i told her if she wants to ride she may have to give up some comfort...lol...

Thanks agian!

Big Sloppy,
You did the tobin mod at 6'5"? Did he add  material?
I gave him my height and weight, and I'll never go back to a factory seat again. It's not the best when standing at a red light, but how often do you do that?

Big Sloppy,
You did the tobin mod at 6'5"? Did he add  material?
I gave him my height and weight, and I'll never go back to a factory seat again.  It's not the best when standing at a red light, but how often do you do that?
True that. I try to never take feet off pegs.  
smile.gif

Hhhmmm, wonder if Santa has room in his bag for Tobin seats
rock.gif

PDBusa has been very good this year!
biggrin.gif

Pickerington, Hmm. There are several of us buckeyes on here just so you know. From Dayton, Springfield, worthington, columbus, and also pickerington FYI

Welcome to the board also!

JD

lol thanks guys...sounds like i will fit just fine. I guess i will go shop for one this weekend.

firedevil.gif
If Your FB was an evo sounds like an 89" kit (right around 1460cc's) Stroke only. depending on who built it and what was in it You may have (in a high state of tune) made a realistic 90 RWHP and about 88 lbft torque. figure this in a 750lb (wet) bike vs a 550 lb (wet) bike with 157RWP and 95 lbft of torque with a six speed well you get the idea. FAST.

Yeah...i like it...speed i mean...but yeah i will probably take it easy the first bit just to get used to the power of it...and then ride and have fun!

firedevil.gif
I had a Softail with the Big Bore kit that produced 96.9 hp AND 102 ft lbs of Torque capable of 140 mph. I know what you're used to. To put it into perspective .. on the Harley your top reachable speed realistically was 120 mph and it took ya about 1/2 mile to 3/4 of a mile to get it up there. feels pretty good. On the Busa you can reach 120 mph shortly after shifting into 2nd gear if you stay in first to 10k. It has been said that you can reach 105 mph in 1st. I've personally gotten to 90. No I'm not kidding.

Now for the disclaimer ... ALWAYS WEAR YOUR GEAR! Do NOT do this in a residential neighborhood! ALWAYS WEAR YOUR GEAR! Do not do this in front of law enforcement Personnel ( Unless of course they are riding WITH you) ALWAYS WEAR YOUR GEAR! This WILL become addicting. Did I mention to ALWAYS WEAR YOUR GEAR!?! I fell into the Harley mode of riding for 5 years of Jeans Shirt and doo rag or Beanie with the Harley Boots. I was STUPID! After riding for 20 years I had my first fall on the Busa. luckily I heeded the words of the board members and got some riding gear, Helmet, Armored jacket gloves etc. When i went down I was able to walk away unscathed. Did close to $3500 worth of damage to the Busa. I was unhurt minus a neck injury from landing directly on my head. Had it not been for the gear I'd have been a LOT worse off! Enough Preaching... Go get yourself a Busa and prepare to leave the Harley @ home unless the GF wants to go cruising too. I recently sold my Softail and the Dresser will be in the Garage in December ( FLHTCUI ).
Not picking just what did you do to get 96.9 RWHP out of a 1550/95 inch big bore kit not to mention an honest 140 mph.

firedevil.gif
Harley's are just plain boring and slow. You cannot compare. If you think your fast on a harley... You have no clue what fast is.

I own a 10 sec street car. Though my car feels alot more "UMP" when launching.. (It's AWD).. Bit the top end of the Busa is Scary.

my mom owns a supercahrged 05 vette..and i run the gears in that thing so i have a concept of speed..i also have a jet ski that goes 75...so hopefully a busa will fill my need for speed...
firedevil.gif

JD or anyone else in central ohio, where is the cheapest place to get a busa...Only place round here is ASK Power Sports, i think.

firedevil.gif

Not picking just what did you do to get 96.9 RWHP out of a 1550/95 inch big bore kit not to mention an honest 140 mph.
BIg Bore Kit with 10.25:1 Pistons, SE 2111 Cams, Crane Fireball Hi4E Ignition, Split Fire SE Plugs, Mikuni 42mm Carb and Stock Heads. Bike was tuned by Mikuni Factory Tech in Daytona who installed the Ignition Module and set the carb up. The Softail would pull the front tire up. That says a lot for a heavy bike with a 34 degree front end! I have the dyno shhet around here somewhere. It used to be impressive to me until I got the Busa.
The 140 mph was accomplished with the use of a windshield that fit perfectly between the Apes. It wasn't the typical Kink or dresser style. It deflected the wind a lot higher and greatly reduced the wind resistance. The speedo stopped @ 125 but I pegged it many times and satyed there. My buddy with the ZX-12 and I would be side by side frequently at 120 - 140 mph until he decided to show of and leave me like I was parked!

Coming off a Harley (as I did), at first you're not going to like the way you need to hike your feet up and back. It takes a while to get used to, but it'll feel natural after a while.

The position of your body will make you want to put your weight on your hands, which will cause them to cramp. You have to get into the habit of letting your legs squeeze the tank, and letting your back hold your weight. Time will take care of that.

A word of warning. The Busa has a higher center of gravity. If you come to an abrupt stop with the wheel turned crooked, it'll roll to the side the wheel is pointed, and it will be too far over to stop before you can get your foot down.
If you're used to a bike with low pegs, you'd slide your foot off and catch yourself. IMO your foot is too high and your tilted too far forward to just pop a foot out and catch yourself. So, if you're in one of those intersections where you are uncertain if you can go, keep your feet down (or the wheel straight). You probably wouldn't hurt yourself, but one lower fairing is $400, and it scratches sooo easy.

And the acceleration! You'll see!

Back