Biggest bike theft I know of...

cache

Banned
This is not breaking news, but I have not seen it posted here yet....

keep your eyes and ears out please!!!
------------------------------------------------------

Star Racing's Rig Stolen!

DSC00109.jpg

quoting Ryan Schnitz from earlier:
Team co-owner George Bryce reports that his G-Squared transporter has been found abandoned on the side of the road in Omaha, Neb. The truck appears to have hit several tree branches and looks as though it had been driven down a dirt road. The entire contents have been stolen and a $10,000 reward has been posted for information leading to the arrest of the perpetrators.

"The idiots that stole our truck must have been smart enough to know it would be impossible to get very far on the highway with that truck," Bryce said. "Chip [Ellis] had been scrambling all over town looking for places where someone could hide a rig when we got a call that it was seen sitting on the side of the road. The police and Chip made a beeline for the location and found the truck.

"You couldn't have picked a worse time for this to happen. We were loaded up for the road trip, plus we had picked up a bunch of new chassis' on the way. Everything is gone.

"This whole deal seems preconceived to me. It's like Chip was stalked, like someone knew what was inside. That rig is our home away from home and we feel completely violated."

Among the items missing at this point are six complete Pro Stock motorcycles, the team's race bike, a show bike, three S&S Cycle motors, three pit bikes, two spare chassis, Ellis' leathers and helmet, and all of the tools and equipment the group takes on the road.

"We're offering a $10,000 reward for any information that might help us catch these punks and put them in jail," Bryce said. "I don't know where they'd be able to sell this stuff because it's all custom made and numbered.

"Thankfully, no one was hurt. This is a big blow to our program but everything can be replaced over time. Chip's okay, and that's the most important thing."

Ellis parked the rig last night around 10:30 p.m. at an Omaha hotel. When he came out this morning the truck and trailer were gone. Anyone with details about this stolen equipment is urged to call (229) 924-0031 or (800) 841-7827

The tragedy is the second to beset the powerful team following the devastating injury to crew chief Ken Johnson in a non-racing-related accident June that led to the amputation of his left leg above the knee.
[/QUOTE]

Good grief! They got the truck and emptied it...not much stops a thief...
mad.gif

News to me ... that is totally messed up ... theives are the scum of the earth!! I can't believe they took the whole darn tractor and trailer !!!!!!!

That is ridiculous. Where the f@#k do these fools think they can sell this stuff without getting caught? It ain't like everyone who would be interested in buying it isn't gonna know where it came from........
What a bunch of a$$holes.....

That sux. But maybe they will invest in some sort of tracking device for the rig incase it happens again. Wouldnt be to surprise if some stuff start showing up on Ebay and other places on the internet.

They probably had a buyer for it before they stole it.

Very sickening.

--Wag--

That is f##king unreal! When there caught someone should see to it that they have bloody stumps instead of filthy little hands!
grim.gif
guns.gif

What a bunch of wankers .. Bring back public flogging...

Here is the update

Authorities are investigating a million dollar heist in the metro. Thieves targeted a racing team that stopped here for some much-needed sleep and woke up to the bad news.

Motorcycle drag racer Chip Ellis says a racing fan spotted the semi on the exit ramp of Interstate 680 at Highway 75, 27-miles from the Sarpy County hotel where it was parked Wednesday morning.

Ellis says, "Our team is pretty well known in the drag racing industry. He called our shop and said, 'I'd seen your truck on the side of the road.'"

Ellis says a window was broken, the dashboard was ripped out and the truck had been hot-wired. It was still running when Ellis found it.

The Douglas County crime lab team searched the trailer for evidence, looking for fingerprints and other identifiers of the thieves.

What Chip Ellis didn't see is what bothered him the most. Two drag racing motorcycles are gone along with four other bikes and three specialty engines.

Ellis says, "All the things we need for racing was stolen."

He puts the value of the loss at close to $1 million and says, "It's a real shame. We're in contention for the world championships here. Now we're basically done."

A drag racing motorcycle isn't something one can throw together, even for the Georgia team of G-Squared Motorsports. It's a quarter-mile test of acceleration: 0-190 miles-per-hour in seven seconds.

Ellis is now trying to salvage the last four races of the season.

The truck was parked at Sapp Brothers Wednesday morning when the thieves struck. The team was headed from California to a race in Minnesota.

Ellis says there was already a Sarpy County Sheriff's Deputy there investigating the case of another stolen semi when he noticed his semi was gone.

The racing team is offering a $10,000 reward for information leading to the recovery of the motorcycles.[/QUOTE]

<!--EDIT|MidnightBusainSD
Reason for Edit: None given...|1123168919 -->

That is really messed up to get away with a tractor trailor without being seen by someone.
mad.gif
They must be fools if they think they can sell any of those bike parts or bikes and not get caught. I hope the team gets their stuff back.
sad.gif

Back