Theft Prevention

oZo

Registered
As we all know, Busas are well sought after by thieves. Having your bike stolen which you have been dreaming about your whole life has to be one of the most frustrating experiences.

If at all possible, keep it in a garage, but beware if you keep it in a public storage facility. My insurance agent said he has a few customers whose bikes have been stolen from such places. Security there is BS.

Also, you are vulnerable if you keep it in a garage or garage door w/ windows. Thieves can break the window and pull the release cord w/ a hook and open up your garge from the outside.

I plan on keeping my soon to be ride in a garage w/ no doors or windows. However, I'm thinking about anchoring/locking that b*tch to the concrete floor as well w/ something along the lines of a kryptonite lock. If they try to steal her they will make enough noise to awaken my 12 guage riot gun.

I was also informed that a kill switch can possibly lock up your bike while riding...anyone know much about this or any other methods for theft prevention?

You can only do what you can do...the anchor and Krytonite along with the garage should work well.

oZo
New Recruit

Group: Members
Avg posts/day:2.57

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
As we all know, Busas are well sought after by thieves. Having your bike stolen which you have been dreaming about your whole life has to be one of the most frustrating experiences.

If at all possible, keep it in a garage, but beware if you keep it in a public storage facility. My insurance agent said he has a few customers whose bikes have been stolen from such places. Security there is BS.

Also, you are vulnerable if you keep it in a garage or garage door w/ windows. Thieves can break the window and pull the release cord w/ a hook and open up your garge from the outside.

I plan on keeping my soon to be ride in a garage w/ no doors or windows. However, I'm thinking about anchoring/locking that b*tch to the concrete floor as well w/ something along the lines of a kryptonite lock. If they try to steal her they will make enough noise to awaken my 12 guage riot gun.

I was also informed that a kill switch can possibly lock up your bike while riding...anyone know much about this or any other methods for theft prevention? [/QUOTE]

Yes, its called a scorpio alarm ! Furthermore you can never have enough security. The only thing you can do is slow the fuggrs down, cuz if they really want it, its gone !

Like Bent has said earlier install a floor anchor and lock your bike to it. If you have an Scorpio alarm, set the premiter sensor when you arm it and this will give you a heads informing you of uninvited guess.
poke.gif
guns.gif

Get a Scorpio I500 alarm, and a good disk lock. Use them both. The floor lock is a great idea if you can mount it to the concrete.

This is optional, but effective if the alarm is set off by a thief:

CRW_5439.jpg

Here is some things to consider from way back in the day (Teenagers)
1) If you have a chain garage door opener you can easliy stick a solid object under the weather seal of the big door and with a little force pry the big door up breaking the chain.
2) Duct tape on the garage door window and a ball pin hammer will easliy break the glass and then simply peel off the duct tape where all the broken glass will stick to the tape making no noise.
3) A good pair of channel locks or pipe wrench or vise grips applied to the garage door handle with a quick back and forth motion will generally be enough to bust through the side door or small door of the garage. Dead bolts on that door takes a little extra effort because a crow bar will be needed to bust the trim work around the dead bolt lock. I have heard people freezing the lock and then hitting with a hammer.
4) The steering lock on most motorcycles can be snapped surprisenly easy. Grab the bars and put feet somewhere solid and pull till it breaks the lock. Hot wiring your bike can be done after the bars are freed up.
5) Bolt cutters will get through most locks EXCEPT the disk locks.
6) I have known a few kids in the neighborhood who would call the bargin finder/autotrader acting like they were interested in buying your bike just to get your address, then the weekend comes and all you see is a missing scoot and an empty gas can (they always took a 5 gallon can in case the bike, ATC, QUAD, SNOWMOBLIE etc etc was low on fuel.)

My suggestion for preventing you from being a victim is:
Disk Lock
Alarm on bike and garage
Screw type door opener (not the chain type)
A steel small door with steel trim. (steel door jams)
A good dead bolt lock.
A u shape solid piece of iron ankered in to the garage floor with cement followed by the biggest link chain you can find.
The mack daddy of all locks.
And seal up any outside windows of the garage.
have a Handgun in case you have to confront them.

If they really want they will just cut through the side of your garage with a saw zaw. But the above recommendations will definately slow them down.
Currently I keep mine under the car port knowing one day she too will be gone. Have no garage out here.

<!--EDIT|paineless4u
Reason for Edit: None given...|1122985205 -->

paddlock through the rail....electric door gets unplugged... disc lock....and two 25mm kryptonite cables tied to concrete floor anchors...garage is wirelessly motion sensored to my PC that starts taking pics upon entry.
By the time you get through all that, I will be greeting you with my 9mm....and erasing the photographs of my shooting you repeatedly even after you surrender.
mad.gif

oh yeah! I use the steering lock on the busa too
wink.gif

I keep mine in the garage. As good as I can get right now. But like said before, if they want it, it's gone.

damn grabntwist I envy you with that hidin spot man...Too bad im not in a house yet. Also wouldn't matter because I have a 6month old so I wouldn't keep it inside. :-)

<!--EDIT|HayaBoosta03
Reason for Edit: None given...|1123387451 -->

NOTHING can stop a thief if they really want your bike! BUT, as suggested above you can make the prospect of taking yours not worth the risk! Most thieves are lazy, worthless P.O.S......

Back