Bigdiesel down again-elec. gremlins got'm

BigDiesel

Registered
seems I cant get a fuggin break these days...first Rubb up'n hits it, now my bike?! FAAAACK!
sad.gif

I was getn on the freeway last night (1:10am) to go home after stopn at Amy's work-got on the ramp, had it in 4th givn it a good handful...hit the freeway and kick down to 3rd, pause a breath and nail it "waaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhh....uuuuuuuuuhhhhhhhhh" she picked up til about 10k and then POOF!, she just cut off like it ran outa gas. I pulled over to the e-lane right away, kept it rolling and tried to re-start "sputtt-ttt-tt-tttter" nothing... rolled to a stop and kicked into neutral tried again. "chchchc vvvvroooooom" she starts up, I think "kool im back in business" kick into 1st and "ka-chunk, blatt!" she cuts off as soon as i get it in gear!
rock.gif
? WTF!!!
rock.gif
?

i know its something electrical, and Im not even going to try and fix it right now. my Wedding is in two weeks (August 26th) and I honestly believe this is Karma's way of keepn my crazy azz in 1 piece until the ceremony...cuz we all know 3rd gear at 10 grand aint 65 mph.
tounge.gif

So, i back on the sidelines for a bit....got more important things to take of...like right now, goin to get some 25% tint on Amy's 300C-that car is guna look supa-PIMP when I get it back! I'll put up some pics this afternoon (since I WONT be ridn anywhere
down.gif
down.gif

o well...this was my most painless breakdown yet so cant comlain too much.
Stay safe out there folks.

rock.gif

down.gif

I was worried you'd crashed again man, don't scare us like that!

Sorry about the set back, but hopefully it's a small gremlin and can be eradicated easily
wink.gif

Wow! when I saw down again I thought down, not shut down. glad that was the case.

Take the 2 weeks off and go over it good, could be a fuel problem.

The good thing is you will be good to go for the wedding.

Any possible problem with the GPS/gear sensor? He said it started in Neutral but killed it when he put it in first...just a thought.

Something kinda dumb, but check the kickstand and make sure you don't have a lot of gunk in there (specially in/around the switch)... clean 'er up real good and see if it does it again?

<!--EDIT|MC MUSTANG
Reason for Edit: None given...|1155142606 -->

Man those sound effects were cracking me up! Sit back, relax and enjoy your wedding, bro.

BTW... 25%? Naaahhh! 15% is the way to go! Got it on my truck. Pure sunlight and you can't see a thing inside unless you push your face up against the window and cup your hands over the sides of your eyes. And there was some cheesy factory tint on the back windows... layered the 15% over that and there is NO WAY to see inside. Then an 8" band on the windshield... pitch dark!

Good luck!

Glad you're ok. The thread title had me concerned.

Make sure to post pics of the wedding!! Congrats!

Man those sound effects were cracking me up! Sit back, relax and enjoy your wedding, bro.

BTW... 25%? Naaahhh! 15% is the way to go! Got it on my truck. Pure sunlight and you can't see a thing inside unless you push your face up against the window and cup your hands over the sides of your eyes. And there was some cheesy factory tint on the back windows... layered the 15% over that and there is NO WAY to see inside. Then an 8" band on the windshield... pitch dark!

Good luck!
5% limo tint for me. 25% defenitely isn't that dark. But i know alot of states regulate tint close on annual inspection. Maybe that is the case up there.

Dayum Scott, when you gonna get a break? Glad its not wrecked again. Forgot about you gettin hitched. Congrats to you and the mouse.
beerchug.gif

I agree with the others, sounds like it may be a problem with the kickstand switch if it runs fine in neutral.

JJ

Kick stand sensor? Or fuel problem. I know on my old bike when it was low it would start but as soon as I tried to take off it would sputter like a dickens then die.

hey what can i say-i like to "create a mood" and the sounds do that....anyway, i know its not kickstand related, even in neutral, at high idle as soon as I give it even a touch of throttle and the needle climbs past 2k, shuts down instantly...like i said got other shid to take care of...mainly findin pants to wear for wedding. Got my jacket back today (had to have sleeves let out 2") and taking my shirt in tomorrow and goin to get marriage license. Then takin Jr. on a fieldtrip all day to a water park....can you guys see my big azz surrounded by 4-year olds in a wading pool? I'll try to get a pic
smile.gif

with tint here in Milwaukee, City cops are pretty laid back, but all the suburban 5-0 came at us pretty hard-legal limit here is 35 front windows, and I did 20% (miscalculated before) all around but with Amy drivin most times im sure she wont get harrassed too much
wink.gif

now im goin back to readin my new 2WT all Busa issue! this thing is PACKED with Busas!!! its better than Big-b**b mags!
smile.gif

smile.gif

tried to start my baby again...now she's really dead. no pulse, no starter whine; she lights up, thats about it. guess I have a new project to work on after the wedding
sad.gif

Stator failure? Charging system malfunction resulting in diminished power to the ignition thereby limiting maximum RPMs due to insufficient coil saturation leading to weakened spark intensity and competition with the amperage draw by Fuel delivery systems. Put a charger on your battery independently of the bike and have it load tested. Then restart the bike in Neutral and check the Voltage across the terminals relative to the Voltage check off the bike. If the voltage drops the obvious answer is a fault in the charging system or WIRING to the battery from the stator, or a bad voltage REGULATOR.

i'll give it a look-see after the wedding, but not guna worry any more till after August 26th

shippin your sliders out tomorrow Projekt-I'll hit u with a PM n the tracking #

welcome to married life [ughm dungeon], congrats man [RUN!]
laugh.gif

dude ease up on the speed, i gotta paint that thing in one piece!

seriously, congrats, and watch for cars cause they aint watchin' for us.

Back