Big girl can lean

I do the same on the loop I run on....

I almost got bitten once. When I went through it was all clear and great so the way back I dialed it up and when I came upon my favorite twisty something caught my eye at the last second and it was gravel...apparently some car driver cut the corner and spit gravel on the road....

I had to do some quick thinking there for a second..

Yep, happened to me too. You have to remember that the lane you rode in on is NOT the same lane if you reverse.

you need to try harder guys, one of the riders on ZX14R Forum :D

1700861347815.png

I had a weird nightmare scenario where, and this is my best guess, a big crumbly rock rolled dead center into the middle of a right turn lane in the middle of a series of linked turns, and some kind of heavy truck must have been going fast enough to have its right tires in the middle of the lane, caught the rock, and crushed it into a perfect line of gravel 40 ft long like a line of coke lined up for a dragon center of the lane. I know this because afterwards I parked the bike and spent 20 minutes kicking all that gravel off the road.
I hit that with under 10% safety margin, so about as fast as I ride, but I happened to be really concentrating on being as smooth and technically perfect as possible, and as there were fast cars and trucks coming the other direction, I know this one part saved my life:
It was being so light on the handlebars that I was letting the front tire choose its own angle (which is kicked out surprisingly further than I would have it manually). Because of this when I hit the gravel, the front tire immediately slid, but had enough grip at that perfect angle to re-grab the road, but the recovery sent it right back into the gravel again. Where the process repeated itself. Slide recovery slide recovery in the blink of an eye, with my life flashing in front of my eyes. It really shook me up to the point I thought about giving up bikes.

Point is if you are really moving, try being light enough on the bars to let the front tire pick its own angle. Could save your life. Just my two cents...

Back