Better to sell bike completely stock or with mods?

xchief1320

Registered
Bike only has bolt-ons. like full R77 exhaust,filter,levers,braided lines,HID's,ect nothing major at all.

Might sell my 08, Haven't made up my mind yet. I have way to many toys and just can't justify them all. Thank god it's not a money thing at all, Just hate to see things sit. And i'm about to buy another bass boat. I get more enjoyment out of fishing then riding these days..

Was just curious if it would sell faster stock.

Thanks

My guess is with what you have listed it wouldnt make toomuch a difference in selling price. The exhaust is the only thing, but you wouldn't get more for it taking it off and selling it versus just leaving it on the bike.

My dealer always takes any mods ive added off the bike... so i guess they find it easier to sell "standard"?

if your going to get another bike to put them on, then yes, take them off and put them on your next bike. but if your just going to get a boat then forgit it, just leave them on and don't worry about it. :beerchug:

my 2 cents: try selling the bike with the mods, there may be a buyer willing to pay your price. if no bites, then demod, sell the bike as stock and sell the mods separately.

P.S. I happen to be a buyer that will gladly buy a LIGHTLY modded bike if the price is right. :thumbsup: Paid $8200 for my old 08 (Yosh TRC CF slip-ons, Lo-Jack, Scott's steering stabilizer, ASV levers, etc.) Paid $8400 for my current 09 with Yosh CF R-77 slip-ons, PC V, ZG screen, etc

Some people are willing to pay the price of the mods on top of retail price but most do not look at it that way. I would do what kromdom said. Try to sell it at a good price with the mods and if that doesn't work, take what you can off and sell it as stock as possible.

You probably wouldnt get too much extra for those mods minus the exhaust anyways.

Yeah i'm not figuring on making much extra off the mods if I leave them on the bike. Just figured some would rather buy a stock bike for some reason. I myself would rather have basic stuff on the bike already to save me time/money.

Not sure what's a fair price to sell it for. Around here they go for more then I think they are worth. I'm not even sure i'm gonna sell it but if I do I want to be fair and not sit on it forever.

Thanks for the info guys..

You can recoup your mod money easier selling it separately!

Back