Better look now

8overin808

Registered
Ok guys, here's the pics.  

Used to be my mechanics bike (turbo, 8 second bike)  But he laid it down at the track.  Took it apart, fresh motor, intake cam mod.  170 RWHP without a map.  Gonna map it next week when the panels go out to paint and I get the long arm on.  Hopefully get a few more horses out of her.    

So she's all stock now, but won't be for long.  Got to keep her clean till mid august, I got one show to enter then she's gonna be a track bike/daily driver.

For what it's worth I shoulda bought it when it was turbo'd, but it was too radical for me at the time.  

LOVE IT!  what a great bike!

Pics are nothing special right now (i was more concerned with riding), but give it a few weeks.   Going riding this weekend to break her in, then droppin her at the shop to start the transformation.

netbusa1.jpg

the other side.

I said I didn't want another polished frame bike, but somehow, I ended up with...another polished frame. DAYUMM oh well. guess i can't throw out all my rags and polish.

netbusa2.jpg

uh, what happend to the turbo??
He sold it. Basically he hadn't planned to sell it to another drag racer, and i didn't buy it fast enough ( I coulda got it with a 10 over arm and bodywork etc...if I had told him I wanted it a few months ago). I waited and waited, cause I didn't want to take out another loan. Then i saw the bike sitting, and waiting for someone to ride it. A few deals fell through for him, then one day i said F'k it. The drag racing gods are telling me to buy this bike. So i went to bank and bought it.

It's good though, I'm not really ready for a turbo bike. I wanna go N/A for a while, maybe in 6 months or so I'll start thinking about a turbo. It's fun ridin it around at stock wheelbase too. Kinda glad I get to do that for atleast a weekend.

Here's a few pics of my old 750 too:

gixxer1net.jpg

Here she is!  it took multiple weeks for catalyst to get me the tail, THEN it took multiple weeks for my painter to paint it THEN[!] a rat ran across the clear coat at the painters while it was drying.  NOW she's finally together.  

However I didn't have my cam with me, so here's a quicko cam phone pic.  you get the idea.  I'll post some real pics in the next few days.

Image042.jpg

thanks guys. I honestly thought the kanji would be physically higher on the panels than it is. but after looking at the design, he couldn't have made it look right if he went higher. I have a feeling this design might look real good on a stock wheelbase/not lowered busa.

Like i said, i'll get more pics in the next few days.

Back