best turbo for price

i had the same question when I was researching what turbo to go with. Ultimately I made a excel sheet comparing everything and including an itemized list of what the kits include. Side by side you will be VERY surprised at how similar some of the kits are. I even found that they have great discrepancies in price for the spacer plate, 50mm tial bov, and air to air intercoolers. I am sending this from my phone, but I can give you the excel sheet later if you are interested.
Posted via Mobile Device

That is valid until you get to quality, fit, finish, and customer service. I can remember in the beginning when Velocity kits were total pieces of sh** - the charge tubes didn't line up, the welding was pre-kindergarten level, etc. Of course, that changed, and in the end, they got better. Now, when things are on a more level playing field, you should be looking at the specific parts in the kits: quality of the header - are they known to crack? the turbo - is it a Garrett, or a Chinese knockoff? There are differences in components that must be looked at as well. What exactly are you getting for your money? Would you be VERY surprised at how similar a Honda is to a Rolls Royce? Similar does not mean they are the same . . .:whistle:

That is valid until you get to quality, fit, finish, and customer service. I can remember in the beginning when Velocity kits were total pieces of sh** - the charge tubes didn't line up, the welding was pre-kindergarten level, etc. Of course, that changed, and in the end, they got better. Now, when things are on a more level playing field, you should be looking at the specific parts in the kits: quality of the header - are they known to crack? the turbo - is it a Garrett, or a Chinese knockoff? There are differences in components that must be looked at as well. What exactly are you getting for your money? Would you be VERY surprised at how similar a Honda is to a Rolls Royce? Similar does not mean they are the same . . .:whistle:

I completely agree. In my analysis I include the grade of header and turbo used. Fit and finish is key, what good is a $3-5k turbo kit that doesn't bolt up to the bike right?! All the manufactured turbo kits I compared are the best are the and most reliable and have the fit/finish portion executed (at least in my research I should say). At a certain point you have to ask your self does a prettier boost gauge justify an extra $500, etc. Its just nice to apples to apples. A side by side comparison of the parts in the kit and make your decussion.
Posted via Mobile Device

i had the same question when I was researching what turbo to go with. Ultimately I made a excel sheet comparing everything and including an itemized list of what the kits include. Side by side you will be VERY surprised at how similar some of the kits are. I even found that they have great discrepancies in price for the spacer plate, 50mm tial bov, and air to air intercoolers. I am sending this from my phone, but I can give you the excel sheet later if you are interested.
Posted via Mobile Device

thanks alot but i been thinking about it, and even though having my bike turbo charged would be more than awesome i think im gonna start making my baby beautiful and makebe lean toward the custom side of riding

but im sure alot fo people could use ur excel sheet that u have if u know how to load it up?

Posted via Mobile Device

yes please

this one ! :thumbsup:

NOT MINE BUT I LIKE IT !

bigcc.jpg

bigcc2.jpg

I'm going to double up the customer service comment frank made...

This is frequently a HUGE difference between kits in my researching, and not something you can just put on an excel sheet, or attach a price tag too...

RCC (richard) has shown time and time again, a serious commitment in this department, where other manufacturers fall WAAAY short... and thats before considering his resellers, who tend to be just as committed to that same service...

Just consider how often RCC threads with install questions or problems end with "just call richard" where other kits end up with threads a mile long trying to figure out how to help people.....

and then the owners of the OTHER kits end up calling richard as well!!

Last edited:
I'm going to double up the customer service comment frank made...

This is frequently a HUGE difference between kits in my researching, and not something you can just put on an excel sheet, or attach a price tag too...

RCC (richard) has shown time and time again, a serious commitment in this department, where other manufacturers fall WAAAY short... and thats before considering his resellers, who tend to be just as committed to that same service...

Just consider how often RCC threads with install questions or problems end with "just call richard" where other kits end up with threads a mile long trying to figure out how to help people.....

and then the owners of the OTHER kits end up calling richard as well!!

Everything has a price. If you have a good local installer to do the work, or consult, then $1,400 would not be needed even though the customer service is flawless. Everything is relevant. If someone has never taken their gas tank off (and I know i'm being overly simplistic) and plan on doing the install themselves. Then yes, the extra $$$ may be well spent.

Everything has a price. If you have a good local installer to do the work, or consult, then $1,400 would not be needed even though the customer service is flawless. Everything is relevant. If someone has never taken their gas tank off (and I know i'm being overly simplistic) and plan on doing the install themselves. Then yes, the extra $$$ may be well spent.

I am making an assumption that the $1400 you mention is in comparison from an SRP kit to an RCC kit. Part of that $1400 would go towards an actual Garrett turbo vs one that is not. It will also go towards proper porting and assembly of components before they ship, it also goes into aluminum AN fittings vs hydraulic JIC fittings, a polished aluminum plenum and charge tubes vs the unpolished ones. These are some differences jst off the top of my head.

Just thought I would point out some differences, and that the extra $1400 does not pertain to customer support, but to actual product value.

Richard

I am making an assumption that the $1400 you mention is in comparison from an SRP kit to an RCC kit. Part of that $1400 would go towards an actual Garrett turbo vs one that is not. It will also go towards proper porting and assembly of components before they ship, it also goes into aluminum AN fittings vs hydraulic JIC fittings, a polished aluminum plenum and charge tubes vs the unpolished ones. These are some differences jst off the top of my head.

Just thought I would point out some differences, and that the extra $1400 does not pertain to customer support, but to actual product value.

Richard

Just out of curiosity here, not trying to be sarcastic, but are there any advantages to having a polished plenum/charge tubes over unpolished? or do the Hydraulic JIC fittings have a reputation for not being successful?

From personal experience. I got the SRP kit recently and did the install myself. I did have prior experience installing a turbo on a nonturbo car, but not a motorcycle. I did have to fabricate several items due to poor instructions( there were none!) and the kit not including things. (My Gen2 kit had Gen1 peices mixed in even) I would definitly agree with everyone that has said if you have no experience in fabrication then spend the extra and get the RCC kit. You will just end up banging your head into the ground!

Some people enjoy a challange. Some prefer to just turn a key and go. I would advise anyone to buy what makes them happiest in terms of enjoyment.

:beerchug: my ORGsters!

Just out of curiosity here, not trying to be sarcastic, but are there any advantages to having a polished plenum/charge tubes over unpolished? or do the Hydraulic JIC fittings have a reputation for not being successful?

You are correct, there is no advantage to a polished plenum over a non polished one, other then price, obviously if you buy anything ploished over non polished its more money. No, JIC fitings do not have a reputation for failing, I just like to see the proper products used for the proper applications, but there will always be those that prefer to use a hammer and chisel, where a proper screw driver should be used. You can get the job done many ways, we just prefer to do it the right way with quality parts and service.

Richard

You are correct, there is no advantage to a polished plenum over a non polished one, other then price, obviously if you buy anything ploished over non polished its more money. No, JIC fitings do not have a reputation for failing, I just like to see the proper products used for the proper applications, but there will always be those that prefer to use a hammer and chisel, where a proper screw driver should be used. You can get the job done many ways, we just prefer to do it the right way with quality parts and service.

Richard

AMEN TO THAT! I can recall when all of the Motorhead kits came with hardware and fittings you could find in Home Depot . . . garbage. It amazes me that quality is not being appreciated by some people. I will say this - the best, most qualified people to recognize and comment on the quality differences between kits would be the installers and tuners. Having installed and tuned motorcycle turbo builds since 1976 gives me a different perspective . . . that is why POWERHOUSE sells, installs, and tunes RCC turbo kits more than any other brand.

Buy junk, get junk . . . you might pay less now, but you'll pay more later:poke:

One other thing to take into consideration, would be years down the road, will you be able to get tech support, and replacement parts. Also resale value, RCC Turbos will upgrade kits, take kits in on trade or help customers sell their used RCC kits. Recognized brand name products retain higher resale values.

Richard

Back