Best tires for street riding

(Titaani @ Mar. 16 2007,13:49) I like Metzeler Z6 road tec
I'm right there with ya. On this forum I think fans of the road tec are few and far between, surprising, considering how many like the Avon 45/46, which in my in my humble opinion, isn't as good a tire.

cheers
ken

I really like the Avon Viper Supersports.
cool.gif

(FastBusa @ Mar. 16 2007,12:06) How about the Pirelli Diablo Corsa or an of the Pirelli tires, thats what I am thinking about going to when my stock tires run out.  AND NO wop, wop, wop, jokes then they go flat, I am one!
The Pirelli Super Corsa's were the third set on my busa and those babies stuck like glue. When I tossed them, they had maybe an 8th of an inch chicken strips on them if that much. They took the turns great once warm! They just wore out way too quickly. I am now running the Mich PPs and don't have the confidence in the corners that the Super Corsa's gave me but I think I will run another set of them. My PPs have slightly less then 1/4 of an inch chicken strips but they are better for everyday riding. That's how good the PPs have been for everyday use. They wear a lot longer than the Supers did. If I were planning on doing a lot of track days, I would have a set of the Supers for nothing but that.

Since your not doing track days. +100 for the Pilot Powers! Their cheaper the the DOT Race tires.

If you did say track days....Then PP 2CT's, Metz Race Tecs or Super Corsa Pros...or even BT002's. 190-55-17. Get the higher profile for better contact patch and lean angles. WR

Thanks for all the sugestions, I am curious tho as to the top speed on the tires? I seen the race pilot powers are rated for something like 150 mph,(for sale section picture) Do the street ones keep that same limit? how about the avons or the bto14s? Thanks again!

http://www.motorcycle-superstore.com/item.as....sion=6#

I got a set of these pirelli's intalled last summer about a week
before I went down to Deal's Gap... basically rode them 250km's from the shop to home parked the bike for a week (got stuck in the rain on the way home) loaded the bike up and drove down to NC for some Dragon tail's and it stuck like glue... never had a problem with tire's slipping out... Bike turns in way quicker and easier with these than stocker's.. chicken strips gone in first pass thru the Gap... I can't tell you how well they wear yet... got about 600-1000miles on the tires now and still look fairly new.. and I am not very easy on the rear at all from light to light or anything..

Just my 2 cents...

Ps.. only one problem with them and likely all tires.. got stuck in a heavy downpour in NC and wasn't paying attention in a bend and rear tire did get squirly when I rode over the painted line...
SHOCKED.gif

Joe

(kml @ Mar. 17 2007,01
flamethrowingsmiley.gif
) surprising, considering how many like the Avon 45/46, which in my in my humble opinion, isn't as good a tire.

cheers
ken
Your not alone . I don't care for those tires either for several reasons. We all have different tire needs and the one and only time I tried their rear I found it was not the tire for me and took it off at like 900 miles . I have some long time buds that are fast riders that tried them once as well because of the hype about sticking well and lasting , then moved back to Bridgestones .

Maybe the new rear Avon version is a better deal but Bridgestone has a new dual compound for 2007 I am going to try on the rear and see how it goes for the long trip tire .

I've run several sets of Metzler Sportec M1's with the P designation for Hayabusa's. I thought it was cool that there was a tire made expressly for the 'busa. They didn't impress me, not on price, not on handling, not on durability. They were a typical 3,000 mile tire.

I'm sold on the Michelin Pilot Powers. I was getting them on special through my dealer for $200/set, the V shaped cross section leans the bike very quickly, AND I have over 5,000 highway miles on the rear with no sign of needing replacement.

I was thinking of getting the pilot powers but was told that because of their design it would be a lot less stable on the rear wheel alone....
cool.gif

So far tho I am very happy with the diablo's

Joe

one question i have, is everyone changing both f/r? i know this is suggested if going to a different brand, but what if only going to a 014 for example?
i am still running 56's but i was actually thinking of trying the new 021's, and it has been suggested that i try a pilot road next time.
there are just to many options

Maxxis Maxxis been good to me, can handle curves, sticks on straight away, can actually get it up 1st 2nd and 3rd. Price wise is pretty good, but then again I got a hookup..
beerchug.gif

SportRider magazine reported the results of a tire test several issues ago, with the Dunlop Qualifier in first place and the Pilot Powers in second, though the differences were slight. My experience with Dunlop D208's was 3,000 miles on the rear at best, versus almost double that with the Pilot Powers. I can't speak for the Qualifier.

Personally, I would never mix different tires even if they are from the same brand. Coca-Cola and Tab are made by the same company. Would you mix them?

I just changed to the PP 2CT in the rear from a Shinko 003, and it sticks really well. Running the PP in the front and have had no problems. Will update after a few more 1000 miles on the PP 2CT.

Back