Oem Tire Shortage??

Busa04

Registered
I run the oem tires on my '04 Busa, there seems to be a backorder on the rear tire at a few places i tried,anyone know why? or do you guys have any links to where you buy them?

And no i dont want to change tire brands....The Oem work perfect for me.

Thanks Joey

I can order them from parts unlimited and they are in stock. your shop you are dealing with suxs if they can't get them

Well the reason i am looking online is because my sucky bike shop is charging $217 minus mounting/balancing fee....Can i order from parts unlimited?
Thanks Joey

I think you would be well served in just checking into a 190 series BT010, it handled and felt very similar to the BT56J and is a perfect replacement for the BT56J... Just a thought But $217 is freaking nuts for a BT56....

WTF? So I guess what I heard about the BT56 being phased out is true? I was thinking that is why the tires are so pricey...

Thanks JC Though Busa04, I am still willing to bet the 010 would make a good replacement for you, or at least a transparant replacement.

Thanks revlis,so the bt010 is comparable to the oem rear tire?With so many busa's on the road why would they phase out the oem tire? Chapparell has the oem for $117 plus shipping (they are on backorder till oct 16).....and what is the j rating on the oem tire for?

Actually Johnny. MY 04 has the BT56 I just ordered another one too. I was also told by several people that there are only 2 tires that are actually spped rated for the busa. The BT 56 and the met M1 Sportec. I was told that most of the other tires only have rating up to 150.

Busa04 JUst go here man this place has everything cheap as hell, you can get a OEM BT56 for $143 and the front for $96 and anyone can buy from them. I got some stuff from them befor. They have really cheap prices

http://www.dmtaonline.com

Thanks revlis,so the bt010 is comparable to the oem rear tire?With so many busa's on the road why would they phase out the oem tire? Chapparell has the oem for $117 plus shipping (they are on backorder till oct 16).....and what is the j rating on the oem tire for?
I dunno if I would Say Comparable, but it is a Compatible tire. Make Sense?

All I am saying is that from experiance, the BT010 worked just fine with the BT56 mounted up front. Similar canstruction technology, similar compounds, similar profile.

Oh and All your Z rated tires mean speeds OVER 150 MPH Not UP TO 150 MPH... READ HERE..
No Worries, But when your front and rear are finally dead, Consider Some Metzlers, I am starting to like the feel of my new tires, much more than the Bridgestones...

I recently ordered (and received quickly, I might add) a new rear BT56 from these guys, the ONLY outfit I do tire business with...

http://www.swmototires.com/

Edit: It was about $140 or so shipped IIRC. If you buy two or more tires from SW Moto, however, you get free shipping. I figured why replace the front when it's still good (the rear is toast at 3,000 miles), so after I run through another OEM rear I'll probably get a set of Avon or Michelin sport touring rubber. I don't spend a whole lot of time above the speed I can do at the top of third gear anyway. Thus, I may as well run some rubber that I can coax 4-5K out of.

<!--EDIT|opdsgt
Reason for Edit: None given...|1097416661 -->

I think you would be well served in just checking into a 190 series BT010, it handled and felt very similar to the BT56J and is a perfect replacement for the BT56J...  Just a thought But $217 is freaking nuts for a BT56....
03-04 use a BT012
My 03 busa has a BT56 too....I guess you don't know everything Johnny...eh?
I think Johnny was referring to if you have an 03-04 then to switch to a BT12 and not the BT10 that revlis was suggesting. I think he worded it wrong. I do not think he meant that the BT12 is what comes stock on them. It took me a min to realize what he meant.

I think you would be well served in just checking into a 190 series BT010, it handled and felt very similar to the BT56J and is a perfect replacement for the BT56J...  Just a thought But $217 is freaking nuts for a BT56....
03-04 use a BT012
My 03 busa has a BT56 too....I guess you don't know everything Johnny...eh?
I think Johnny was referring to if you have an 03-04 then to switch to a BT12 and not the BT10 that revlis was suggesting. I think he worded it wrong. I do not think he meant that the BT12 is what comes stock on them. It took me a min to realize what he meant.
Hmmm, The Cheese Mystery deepens.... I bet your right though. The question would be why??? The 010 works and is cheaper than the 012...

Fug it dude just get new Metzlers all the way around...
smile.gif

I dunno if I would Say Comparable, but it is a Compatible tire.  Make Sense?  

All I am saying is that from experiance, the BT010 worked just fine with the BT56 mounted up front.  Similar canstruction technology, similar compounds, similar profile.

Oh and All your Z rated tires mean speeds OVER 150 MPH Not UP TO 150 MPH...  READ HERE..  
No Worries, But when your front and rear are finally dead, Consider Some Metzlers,  I am starting to like the feel of my new tires, much more than the Bridgestones...
if that was true every litter bike and above would come with BT56J tires. Z is the speed rating. bridgestone as far i seen is the only one that uses another letter code.

<!--EDIT|bs72069
Reason for Edit: None given...|1097462897 -->

All I am saying is that from experiance, the BT010 worked just fine with the BT56 mounted up front.  Similar canstruction technology, similar compounds, similar profile.

Oh and All your Z rated tires mean speeds OVER 150 MPH Not UP TO 150 MPH...  READ HERE..  
No Worries, But when your front and rear are finally dead, Consider Some Metzlers,  I am starting to like the feel of my new tires, much more than the Bridgestones...
if that was true every litter bike and above would come with BT56J tires. Z is  the speed rating. bridgestone as far i seen is the only one that uses another letter code.
Not sure what your after here... BT56J Is the OEM Busa Tire and is a Z Rated Radial... Bt-010 is another Bridgstone with similar feel to it... Also Z-rated... Are you hung up on the "J"? Near as I can tell, and from what I have read the "J" is a marketing Gimmick... Means real soft yet somehow not so sticky. READ THIS... Tire Index... Brief explanation of tire codes

Might be handy...

The J means that it is the Busa specifc version of the BT56. It is supossed to be a "beefed up" version with a stiffer sidewall etc. and yes it is rated higher than a standard Z rated tire (+185MPH).

Same goes for the Metzeler M1 Busa specific tire (I think it is a "P" version?). It is a slightly differrent version of the standard M1 and it is also rated higher than a standard Z rated tire.

The whole point here is that the Busa is particularly heavy and fast so a special tire is in order (or so it was thought). The truth of the matter is you probably do not need any special rated tire for the Busa unless you are balls out top speeding her every day. Otherwise pick any number of tires depending on what kind of riding you do.

Also note that the newer supersport tires (like the Pilot Power, BT014, etc.) pretty much have all been "beefed up" in an attempt to keep up with the escalating technology/speed of supersport bikes so any of them will do fine even on a big bad Busa.

if that was true every litter bike and above would come with BT56J tires. Z is  the speed rating. bridgestone as far i seen is the only one that uses another letter code.
Not sure what your after here...   BT56J Is the OEM Busa Tire and is a Z Rated Radial...    Bt-010 is another Bridgstone with similar feel to it...  Also Z-rated...   Are you hung up on the "J"?  Near as I can tell, and from what I have read the "J" is a marketing Gimmick...  Means real soft yet somehow not so sticky.  READ THIS...  Tire Index... Brief explanation of tire codes

Might be handy...
sorry about that Rev. got what u said confused with what someone esle was saying. long days at work didnt help out either. i notice today that i gotten things crossed up.

Ain't no thang, just a little confused... No worries...

Back