Best site to order Hahn stage 1 turbo for Gen 1

Dr. Gonzo

Registered
Hey all, I had been initially thinking nitrous for my 2007 busa due to the lower price tag, but am now leaning toward turbo. I like the stealth option of having the air filter inside the faring and running with a can. I know everyone is going to push for RCC, but at this point I'm less about getting max HP and more about keeping stock look and a price that will get the wife to actually let me buy it. I see you can get the kit for around $3800 or so most places. Are there any deals going on through any of the reputable vendors? The lower the tag, the more likely this will become a reality. :)

As for use, I might hit the drag strip a few times just to see what I can get out of it. My bucket list has me going to the Texas mile to hit 200. For the most part I just want a kick in the pants for my commute back and forth to work and some day trips.

Thanks much!
Dr. Gonz

Hey all, I had been initially thinking nitrous for my 2007 busa due to the lower price tag, but am now leaning toward turbo. I like the stealth option of having the air filter inside the faring and running with a can. I know everyone is going to push for RCC, but at this point I'm less about getting max HP and more about keeping stock look and a price that will get the wife to actually let me buy it. I see you can get the kit for around $3800 or so most places. Are there any deals going on through any of the reputable vendors? The lower the tag, the more likely this will become a reality. :)

As for use, I might hit the drag strip a few times just to see what I can get out of it. My bucket list has me going to the Texas mile to hit 200. For the most part I just want a kick in the pants for my commute back and forth to work and some day trips.

Thanks much!
Dr. Gonz

POWERHOUSE can do the Stage One Hahn Turbo with dump pipe for $2999.99 + shipping . . . :laugh:

That is an awesome price, but do you carry the stage one with full exhaust? If so, how much and how long before it ships? If not, how long to get the 1 w/dumps? I'd take a few less hp in trade for keeping the stock look and non-stinky shoe, but the riding season is way to short so would be great to get something in and installed while there's still time to enjoy it this year. :-)

G

I had a hahn stage one I will say this you get what you pay for I would not take a hahn kit agian if you paid me gave me the bike and put it of for me....nothing but troubles you can put a low profile filter on about any turbo kit and not cut the plastic and have someone fit a pipe up to your turbo

Can you elaborate on the issues you had? I'd seen some posts about cracks in the intake and/or headers, but thought that was likely under higher boost than I will ever see.

Thanks,
G

-be sure it has a header that mounts up high, have seen a few with old header and it leaked oil when on kickstand.

300742752320 is the item number on ebay do a search, looks good I bet if you do your homework this will prove to be the better way to go. Hahn is a good stage one but will need mods to push their kit further. Mainly adding an external wastegate. NOt sure how the new headers hold up or the warranty. Make some calls to site sponsers.

300742752320 is the item number on ebay do a search, looks good I bet if you do your homework this will prove to be the better way to go. Hahn is a good stage one but will need mods to push their kit further. Mainly adding an external wastegate. NOt sure how the new headers hold up or the warranty. Make some calls to site sponsers.

Hahn makes a nice, entry-level Stage One kit that comes with a Super 16G Mitsubishi turbo. With a full exhaust, it is selling for $3900; as I said earlier, with the shootout -or "dump" pipe - it sells for $2999. The turbo header itself holds the turbo high enough on the motor for the turbo to drain correctly, so there are no smoking or other oil related issues with the kit. But, because the header is made of mild steel, it has a propensity towards cracking, usually after it is about a year old and has seen many heat cycles. The other issue with Hahn is the internal wastegate - and even though Hahn is now porting the turbos in the wastegate area, they still tend to spike - it is typical for a Hahn kit with an 8 lb actuator to go to 10 pounds or more every now and then. The other downside is Hahn's customer service.

I would NEVER recommend you buy a Hahn. If you are going to spend the money, DO IT RIGHT the first time! Order an RCC setup and don't make the mistake of buying from someone else....

If a couple hundred more for the kit is a deal breaker, then you can't afford a Turbo. Whatever you think it's going to cost, you may as well double or triple the price to be safe. If you want more speed and a reliable setup, get with Carpenter or one of the other well know tuners and do a proven head/cam/piston setup... :beerchug:

I would NEVER recommend you buy a Hahn. If you are going to spend the money, DO IT RIGHT the first time! Order an RCC setup and don't make the mistake of buying from someone else....

If a couple hundred more for the kit is a deal breaker, then you can't afford a Turbo. Whatever you think it's going to cost, you may as well double or triple the price to be safe. If you want more speed and a reliable setup, get with Carpenter or one of the other well know tuners and do a proven head/cam/piston setup... :beerchug:

The number one kit that we sell, install, tune and recommend is RCC. Best quality, best warranty, best support. We also sell Velocity, Mr. Turbo, and Hahn. If you can afford the RCC, you have to remember that you are getting all stainless-steel exhaust piping, an external wastegate, a Garrett turbo, and the best hardware and high pressure hoses and connectors - complete, everything you need, everything top notch. Richard and his dealers - like POWERHOUSE- are only a phone call away and very available throughout your install, tune, and after the sale. And we stand behind the product for two years after your purchase. In addition, POWERHOUSE still discounts RCC kits to org members . . .:laugh:

The number one kit that we sell, install, tune and recommend is RCC. Best quality, best warranty, best support. We also sell Velocity, Mr. Turbo, and Hahn. If you can afford the RCC, you have to remember that you are getting all stainless-steel exhaust piping, an external wastegate, a Garrett turbo, and the best hardware and high pressure hoses and connectors - complete, everything you need, everything top notch. Richard and his dealers - like POWERHOUSE- are only a phone call away and very available throughout your install, tune, and after the sale. And we stand behind the product for two years after your purchase. In addition, POWERHOUSE still discounts RCC kits to org members . . .:laugh:

Dr. Gonzo,

Call Frank for an RCC setup if you go Turbo. For what you are going to spend down the road getting another brand X kit working correctly....you could of been riding on an RCC setup... :beerchug:

You have a Gen-I also so it's fairly easy and cheaper to do than a Gen-II... :thumbsup:

Sounds like I need to start prepping the wife for an extra $1000+ pricetag for the RCC. :p. Does the stage 1 come with a map for the PCV that I can use until I get a decent tune? The place I want to go is saying they're booked out a couple months. The Hahn did which was another minor plus.

G

I just recieved my RCC stage one from Frank and i live in the Middle east!
My suggestion is listen to what Frank says and you wont be sorry! I too wanted something like Hahn or Mr Turbo and didnt want to spend too much, but if you start thinking too much about cost and leave out reliability then you wont have too much fun if something goes wrong.
I did research/asked around and no one recommended anything other than the RCC kit+ Frank..
I havent fit anything yet..my RCC just arrived but it looks top notch and ill be installing it within a week or two.
check out the kit @ Home
and good luck

I just recieved my RCC stage one from Frank and i live in the Middle east!
My suggestion is listen to what Frank says and you wont be sorry! I too wanted something like Hahn or Mr Turbo and didnt want to spend too much, but if you start thinking too much about cost and leave out reliability then you wont have too much fun if something goes wrong.
I did research/asked around and no one recommended anything other than the RCC kit+ Frank..
I havent fit anything yet..my RCC just arrived but it looks top notch and ill be installing it within a week or two.
check out the kit @ Home
and good luck

Yes, a map would come with your kit but we recommend strongly it see a dyno before you get :stoopid: with it.

BMB - I hope you had fun opening that box. Another big box of parts with your name on it left earlier today . . ..:whistle:

Sounds like I need to start prepping the wife for an extra $1000+ pricetag for the RCC. :p. Does the stage 1 come with a map for the PCV that I can use until I get a decent tune? The place I want to go is saying they're booked out a couple months. The Hahn did which was another minor plus.

G

Where are you looking to go? Are you still in Appleton, WI?

If you aren't doing the install yourself and don't want to travel to Frank, I would recommend Rick @ Rick's Custom Cycle in Garden City MI or Richard (Mr. RCC) himself is a couple hours east of Detroit in Canada. Anyone else I'd recommend is going to be a LOT farther drive for you..

Yup, still in Appleton. There's a local tuner that has a fair amount of turbo experience, or so I'm told. It's called Fuel Moto. I'd planned to do the install myself. I put an ATI Procharger in my 2000 Mustang GT back in the day so thinking I can probably manage it. This will be my first turbo install and dedinitely my first on a bike. I believe I'm close to a green light on the project.

G

Back