Best place to splice into wiring?

SKYGZR

Registered
To run aux running lights/acces. Looking for a place up around the front cowl. Someone mentioned using the horns "hot" wire to run their electric grips, yet looking for other alternatives tied to the Ignition switch. Planning on changing out the bases in the turn signals to make them also running lights, plus perhaps some LED's and other lighting.

The accessory port that is there should work for you which runs off the headlights. Just do a search on it. I know boost by smith makes an accessory harness that will plug into it and allow you to cleanly plug multiple things into the harness.

If you have a Gen I there's a brown wire just hanging up there for you to use. European running lights, not used on US models. Gen II I guess just run off the running lights. Key on , lights on.

Boost by Smith makes a harness to wire the Gen 2's just like the Gen 1 with the running light wire. I've been using it for two years issue-free!

I had the plug here you could have used to tie in, would only have power when key on.. you can tap off it to just watch load.....

This solve a lot for me. I filled every available terminal. I ran one hot wire from the battery, and a 2nd hot wire from the wire harness (ignition) so I have either type of power.

FuzeBlocks Fuse Block FZ-1 for Motorcycles | Wire & Power your Motorcycle! | PashnitMoto

DSC09975.jpg

Not sure if if this is helpful, but you can see our two orange power wires we tapped into the harness for power, these power the Clearwater Lights.

Dsc00336.jpg

DSC09975.jpg

Dsc00336.jpg

Well, I've found the connector to use for aux lighting, yet the only real way to get to it is to have pull the entire nose fairing off the machine. Granted, this makes things easier, yet come on Suzuki, ya could have made the lead a bit longer...and, in order to change the HL bulb(s), and the turn signal bulb(s), this seems to be the only way to do it relatively easily, as there's not much room to get in there without pulling the nose. This procedure complicates things if having to do this on the side of the road, in the dark, in the pouring rain..guess ya better hope the high beam bulb don't go out till ya get to where ya going..

Well, I've found the connector to use for aux lighting, yet the only real way to get to it is to have pull the entire nose fairing off the machine. Granted, this makes things easier, yet come on Suzuki, ya could have made the lead a bit longer...and, in order to change the HL bulb(s), and the turn signal bulb(s), this seems to be the only way to do it relatively easily, as there's not much room to get in there without pulling the nose. This procedure complicates things if having to do this on the side of the road, in the dark, in the pouring rain..guess ya better hope the high beam bulb don't go out till ya get to where ya going..

I was able to plug into that connector by only pulling the front inner fairing off the right side. I had to dig around a bit to find it, but it cleared the side of the instrament pannel enough to plug into it. Also, to get at the bulbs, pull the instrament cluster for the low beam. You should be able to reach the high beam from the bottom without removing anything, at worst, just the black trim pannel on the bottom.

Back