Wiring for dummies

Plunk

Registered
Modding the Busa has become an addiction. I'm pretty familiar with the mechanics, but I've never really monkeyed with the electrical system. I'm trying to add some switches and lighting. My plan originally was to share a fuse with the hi or low beam light.

What's the magic trick for pulling wires out of the fuse box? It looks like there's a plastic clip holding the wire connector in. I was told there was a tool for removing these, but the guy at Radio shack just looked at me like I was an idiot. I don't want to tear anything up. I've read somebody post that there was a spare fuse slot in the fuse box. I see only 6 functional slots and all 6 are serve some function. I've got an '02.

The other option is splice power somewhere after the ignition switch and put an inline fuse in. You can buy a nice little wire with a mini-fuse slot built in for a couple bucks at any auto parts store. I have no clue where to cut in though.

I'm pretty comfortable doing the work, I just need some direction as to where to start. What do the electrical guys suggest?

I generally use a jeweller's screwdriver, but there maybe better ways
cool.gif

Thanks man, that's some great info. What fuse is the magical "switched 12-volt" wire coming through?

To be honest, I have no idea, but you could try the process of elimination, hook up something and then just pull a fuse at a time
blush.gif

For those who are curious, the "switched" pair of wires shown in the picture above are coming through the signal fuse. I have an '02 but I'm pretty sure the wiring hasn't changed from year to year. The brown is the power and the black/white is your common.

Back