Fuse box connection cleaning

outlawbusa

1 wheel up aero testing
Donating Member
Registered
My tow vehicle has a finicky fuse in the box that does not operate 100% of the time. Fuse is never blown and if I swap fuses with another fuse in the box it works for a short time then stops again, IMO meaning the fuse slot connection needs to be cleaned for good contact.

Is there any reason I can not use electrical contact cleaner out of the spray can in a fuse box? What about dielectric grease?

This stuff works great on everything else, will it damage anything by spraying into the fuse box slots?

Guess I'm going to have to ask the Ford dealership, but you know how little information they like to give out without having $$$ coming their way. I don't see that it would be any issues...but thought I'd run it by the master bubble bursters first. :laugh:

It is the brake pressure switch fuse. Brake lights work just fine, but when I haul a large trailer or touch the brake for speed control disable you can tell. I have the optional progressive brake box which operates per the pressure you apply to the brake pedal and it does not apply unless this fuse is making good contact.

A simple cleaning should do the trick, but what better option than to spray contact cleaner into the fuse holder then apply contact grease~?~

No one with any opinions~?~

Back