Best P2P file sharing program!!!!!!!!

routemanj

Registered
For the last 5 or so years I used Limewire. Well, last time I logged on I found out they were shut down. That really sucks.
Whats the next best P2P software? Where do you all get your downloads? Pics, programs, music (Although that may be illegal)
Just curious....

So i'm not the only one having problems with limewire...I currently use an older version of frostwire (v4.18).

But it seem all my buddies have gone to torrents

Torrent is the most reliable means to exchange files. Even large software companies are using torrent technology to disperse updates and other types of files. It's the most reliable means to send out massive numbers of files without bogging down a central server.

Torrent is the most reliable means to exchange files. Even large software companies are using torrent technology to disperse updates and other types of files. It's the most reliable means to send out massive numbers of files without bogging down a central server.

...that and it was explained to me that torrents are also safer. Something about the fact that frostwire, limewire, etc can be traced by your ISP over the port they use (25), and torrents use a completely different, untraceable method.

Not sure if this is true, just the person who told me seems to know what they're talking about.

Frostwire is just as good as Limewire was. If you look for whole CDs i suggest piratebay.org for the best torrents.

...that and it was explained to me that torrents are also safer. Something about the fact that frostwire, limewire, etc can be traced by your ISP over the port they use (25), and torrents use a completely different, untraceable method.

Not sure if this is true, just the person who told me seems to know what they're talking about.

Torrents are just as dangerous if you're trafficking illegal files, I have firsthand experience. I was trying to catch up on Dexter a couple years ago by downloading episodes via Torrent. Well, my ISP called me up and told me that if I was caught doing it again, they would be forced to shut off our service. HBO had sent them a cease and desist letter. So no, not safe at all. They catch you by participating in the file share. They log the IP addresses of everyone that access the torrent via their participation in the network.

However, there is a nifty freeware program out there called Peer Guardian which blocks known IP addresses of those hosts. It's pretty interesting, but I have no clue if it works. I try not to download HBO shows anymore. :whistle:

Torrents are just as dangerous if you're trafficking illegal files, I have firsthand experience. I was trying to catch up on Dexter a couple years ago by downloading episodes via Torrent. Well, my ISP called me up and told me that if I was caught doing it again, they would be forced to shut off our service. HBO had sent them a cease and desist letter. So no, not safe at all. They catch you by participating in the file share. They log the IP addresses of everyone that access the torrent via their participation in the network.

However, there is a nifty freeware program out there called Peer Guardian which blocks known IP addresses of those hosts. It's pretty interesting, but I have no clue if it works. I try not to download HBO shows anymore. :whistle:

Yeah i know a good amount of people who get the same letter. I have never gotten one and i download all sorts of stuff...

Most likely because i do not upload at all. Even as i am downloading i have 0kb uploading at all times.

Last edited:
That's a good point...they could be tracking the uploaders like you say. Good idea to keep the downloads on the down low.... sorry, horrible pun. :laugh:

That's a good point...they could be tracking the uploaders like you say. Good idea to keep the downloads on the down low.... sorry, horrible pun. :laugh:

I dont know for sure but its a hunch. I downloaded a lot before the being on military IP addresses but no HBO stuff specifically.

Yup, they can track it if they want it. Friend got a letter from his provider but the knuckle head was downloading 10-12 movies at a time. Noooo,they wont ever notice your bandwidth going through the roof. Take it easy and use a Lil common sence hopefully we (I mean you) can get away with it.
Posted via Mobile Device

Back