Best Oil?

critterdoc

Banned
Did a search and couldn't find an answer.

What really IS the best oil to use in the busa?

Is synthetic better? Semi-synthetic? Something else?

Fully synthetic is recommended for my Ducati and it has a wet multiplate clutch as the busa does.

lurk.gif
lurk.gif
lurk.gif
(just along for the ride)
smile.gif

lurk.gif

lurk.gif

I have read so many topics on this it makes my head spin.

I could not decide on which one. Pros..cons..this one..that one.

I said the heck with it and chose to run none. It was a great ride for 700 feet.

r8

(I run amsoil)

I've found if I buy a large jug of synthetic I can just use half and add water to get it to the fill line, this also makes the jug last longer. I wonder if anyone has tried olive oil? I've seen the extra virgin but can't seem to locate the whorish. I wonder if it mioght work a little better because it knows the ropes?

I spent weeks reading and comparing oils. I am going with the Amsoil. If you go to Amsoils website there is 28 page report that breaks down every possible catagory. Cycle worls had quite a length article some time ago that can be viewed on line as well. Like Luvanicebum said, regardless the most important is keeping it changed.

I've found if I buy a large jug of synthetic I can just use half and add water to get it to the fill line, this also makes the jug last longer. I wonder if anyone has tried olive oil? I've seen the extra virgin but can't seem to locate the whorish. I wonder if it mioght work a little better because it knows the ropes?
laugh.gif

Olive oil.

laugh.gif

r8

laugh.gif

I have had great luck with it in everything else. How many miles did you have on your bike before you started using it?

I did the first oil change @ 600 with Amsoil 10-30 then did a change to Amsoil 20W-50 at 3000 miles.
I changed it again at 6000. Amsoil 20w-50 down here in florida it is HOT

It doesn't friggin matter! Just change whatever you use every 3000 miles. I use a standard 10W-40 Motorcycle oil.
Doesn't matter what brand...It looks the exact same when I change it at 3000 miles.

Amsoil,and currently 2 cases in stock.I have also used Napa brand filters on 150-350 hp biks with this oil and no failures and clean test each time.Amsoil filters are great also.

I've run Amsoil in my TL1000R for a while now and I'm not impressed with how the clutch feels. I'm currently running motorex 10w60. expensive as crap...whether its doing any good, who knows...but i'll buy into it for the time being and see what happens down the road.

I spent weeks reading and comparing oils. I am going with the Amsoil. If you go to Amsoils website there is 28 page report that breaks down every possible catagory. Cycle worls had quite a length article some time ago that can be viewed on line as well. Like Luvanicebum said, regardless the most important is keeping it changed.
Was it Cycle world or Sport Rider? I wrote a 2 part article for Sport Rider a few years ago on engine oil and did a similar one for Motorcycle Consumer news Magazine 4-5 years ago too.

There is no real BEST but there are a lot of good oils out there. After all that research and testing I currently am running Motul 300V 5w-40 in my Busa but I would also not have any reservations in running Mobil one bike specific oil, Amsoil's bike oil or even a few other full synthetic oils on the market. Maxima, ELF and Motorex are also good products.

Semi and no other only going from the experts.... I burnt 1 pint per 500 miles and the race engine is still going after 20.000 miles

Back