What oil and filter ???

Dozerdriver

Registered
I think I am going to a full synthetic oil soon. Have been reading a lot of info all over the net. I think that the best value for quality in oil is the Shell Rotella T Synthetic 5w-40. Is anyone on here using this oil? As far as filters the Purolater PureOne seems to be the best value for quality. Looking for your opinions.

Lots of good syn oil out there, Mobil 1, Amsoil, Maxima, etc. But one thing I think everyone will agree on is the OEM stock filter. These links are to some excellent comparisons of the different oil filters.

Motorcycle Oil Filter Comparison

http://motorcycleinfo.calsci.com/Filters.html

http://www.tobycreek.org/oil_filters/index.shtml

Make sure you get a new crush washer for the drain plug when you change your oil and don't over tighten it, if you have a torque wrench use it. You can search for the torque spec's but I think it is like 12.5 ft. lbs.

:thumbsup:

Last edited:
Rotella synthetic 5W-40 with a Suzuki filter. There is a very good article about motorcyle oils at motorcycleinfo.calsci.com. That article was the deciding factor for me.

Lots of preferences regarding which oil to use, but by far I would recommend the OEM oil filter. I plan on trying Mobil 1 for a few changes, then Amsoil, and then Royal Purple (all motorcycle synthetics). IMO there is nothing like figuring out which oil you like best for yourself. :thumbsup:

D

Mobil 1 synthetic, and a stock oil filter. You can buy the oil from oreilly auto parts.

Not to sound stupid but is this motorcycle oil? I know it is suppose to be different. I have not seen it around here. I went to the dealer today and they want 13.95 for a qt repsol syn. That's kinda high for me. What are some good prices to look for on oil anyway? Thanks in advance.

Not to sound stupid but is this motorcycle oil? I know it is suppose to be different. I have not seen it around here. I went to the dealer today and they want 13.95 for a qt repsol syn. That's kinda high for me. What are some good prices to look for on oil anyway? Thanks in advance.
My CycleGear store has been selling Mobil 1 4T Motorcycle synthetic for $5.99 a quart.

D

Man now i really feel like i have been ripped a new one. I will have to find some of this. Thanks
That is a really good deal and I don't know how long they will have it on sale for that price. Normally it's $11.99 a quart I think.

D

Amsoil and Scotts Billet filter never replace filter again and the oil is the best out there,oil isn't suppose to polish parts it's suppose to protect them..take it for what it's worth..we keep both in stock..

I think I am going to a full synthetic oil soon. Have been reading a lot of info all over the net. I think that the best value for quality in oil is the Shell Rotella T Synthetic 5w-40. Is anyone on here using this oil? As far as filters the Purolater PureOne seems to be the best value for quality. Looking for your opinions.

I use it in my cruiser but in the busa I use amsoil 10w-40. Look on wikipedia for some relevant info on Rotella oil. And I only have used Honda and Suzuki factory filters for years.

Back