Best Oil To Use For The 99-07 Hayabusa's

This is all I've used. $40 per oil change....$50 if you change the filter as well. I havent switched the busa over yet cause I've only put a little over 2000miles on it since I bought it(it was already starting to get cold). But on my katana, I changed it alot more than I should have....usually every 2 or 3k miles.

I use Mobil 1 in all of my vehicles, 2 cars, and 3 motorcycles. The Lincoln has 210,000 miles, the Jaguar has 78,000 miles, the Harley has 45,000 miles, the Gold Wing has 122,000 miles, and the Hayabusa has 32,000 miles. Love the stuff:thumbsup:

Hayabusa 017.jpg

Golden -Spectro 10w-40 (Semi) for all Busa applications.:thumbsup:

Except the drag strip probably ???

I could not help my self, and had to post on the 1,000,000 oil thread. I use suzuki 10w/40 in the gallon bucket from the dealer and oem filter.:whistle:

I hate to get involved in a oil thread.... but, here it goes. I have run Amsoil in everything for years, now it's up to $15 per L in Canada!! I'm pretty sure I'm going to look at different brands out there. But have any of you Canadian riders ever tried Petro Canada 10w40 synthetic E? I've talk to mechanic and alot of guy use it in the oil patch for running in engine's and they love the stuff. And I can only imagine the synthetic only get better. And the "E" stands for everything, so it should be good in motorcycles.. I think..

All I could find on the net is the Petro Canada MSDS sheet. - http://lubricants.petro-canada.ca/r...type=MSDS&iproduct=196&language=en&region=int

it's says it's good for wet clutches too??

Anybody?

IMO ...... of all the oils out there for auto, bike's, four wheelers whatever you may have, I wouldn't run Mobil 1 in my lawn mower. I've done personal tests of 90% of oils out from full syn's to plain generic conventionals, and in the vehicles I used as test platforms Mobil 1 was near the bottom. For example, i ran a series of test over a 20K span on a mild 355 in my 86 Monte, changing the oil every 1k allowing for work in time and whatever, and in that 1k of test time, that 355 "ATE" 1.5 qts of mobil 1, but yet only showed low .25 qts. of a conventional castrol gtx. plus I always used the same grade viscosity. I have a friend who had a 1992 Pontiac TranSport with a 3800, and; althought it's hard to be 100% due to 3 instrument clusters, we ball-parked 730K, yes 730,000 miles on the original engine and transmission with no major work. Engine oil .... Castrol GTX 5w-30

Amsoil here in all the bikes I have owned. Maybe just me but all the bikes shifted smoother, ran cooler and just all around worked better with Amsoil.

I've read all the oil data, and Amsoil MCF 10w40 is the stuff !!! :super:

Please, please, please...stay away from Royal Purple.....Repsol, Redline, Motul, Mobil...."whatever", but no Purple.....

i personally was thinking of trying the RP cuz every1 raves about it. i know i wasn't impressed with the Amsoil in my bike, it was ok in my cars, but definitely not my bike or quad. burned up a clutch in my four wheeler with it. a brand new clutch at that. i tried the castrol 10w-40 and that seemed to make her run the quietest i've heard and seemed to smooth out the shifting some, but that wasn't completely conclusive cuz i only ran it like 500 miles

Just my .02, I have 02 Busa, switched to Castrol R4 full synthetic 5w-40 at around 1600 miles and used it ever since and change every 2k. Runs, shifts and rides perfect and no burn off...Zero complaints..ohh and i only use factory filters

I decided to go with the Repsol SynTec Blend 10W40...Seems to be working ok...

Plus came with a free shop rag..I mean shirt...I mean shop rag...

So many opinions on oils.

The biggest thing is to make sure you change it and the filter on a regular basis. If you are doing that you are way ahead of most of the pack. Regardless of what brand oil or filter you are using just make sure it is recommended for motorcycle use.

Back