Best oil to use for regular street riding

Your about to get ALOT of different answers. But the overall theme seems to be dont cheap out and change it regularly

I would use a K & N filter. I have read on several sites that the K & N filter can capture a lot smaller particles then some of the other filters out there on the market. I use a full synthetic oil in my bike.

Definetly I plan on keeping her for along time so I want to make sure I use quality stuff. So I figured I would ask the people who know best. Is there bad reviews on the k and n oil filters

most people seem to swear by mobil 1 and k and n filter. i prefer castrol full synth with the k&n filter.

Any oil that is non-energy conserving and has a JASO-MA certification would probably be fine. There are also API certifications, but they change so much I'm not even sure what the "new" rating is. The API rating is also updated more often for emission related reasons than anti-wear related standards. (I think it's updated for both, but typically a new standard comes out to drop the pollution levels.)
Personally, since my bike sits for 1-2 months between starts in the winter I prefer a synthetic oil so the bearings on the top end of the engine still have some protection after prolonged periods of sitting.

Any recommendations on the best oil to use for my 09 with 700 miles. Putting a kn oil filter on?

K&N filters are great! I ran Golden Spectro ester-based oil (regular) until 3,000 miles (changed it at 1,000 and then 3,000) and then switched over to Amsoil! The Amsoil made the shifting tons smoother, it's great stuff!

K&N oil filter and Lucas oil 10w40. love the stuff. me and dad put it in all the bikes we have.

Back