Best Oil To Use For The 99-07 Hayabusa's

notthiscrapagainfx2pj3.jpg

notthiscrapagainfx2pj3.jpg

I completed a Phd at Stanford in Tribology, so here is my story and I am sticking to it.

Most important aspect to maintain in the Busa engine is to maintain hydrodynamic lubrication. Suzuki uses a coating in their cylinders which will produce different values as measured on the Stribeck curve when compared to the same lubricant as used on a BMW, or something else for instance. So, if we want to split hairs, the engine life on a specific engine with a specific lubricant has many variables and the oil which may be perfect for a Suzuki, may not be perfect for a Yamaha.

Under elasto hydrodynamic lubrication, the logorithmic transition diagram is really the only effective method to investigate how lubricant properties, additives and viscosity react with different grades of metals, alloys and coatings. Any data beyond this method is pure speculation, or clever marketing.

Most manufacturers have adequite lubricity, oxidation stability and maximum/minimum operating temperatures. What is important is how the contact with polymers and elostomers react with wear surfaces.

If you read this far, good gas for you, as I don't really have a Phd and I made all of this up. You may not have your click back.

Bro, as far as I'm concerned, you've definately earned your PHD in B.S.ology! You should have left the last line off that and you would've had everyone here scratching thier heads and googling for hours.:beerchug:

I was using Shell Rotella T. It gave me an oil pressure light at a stop after a highway run exit on a summer day. Went to Maxum and have had zero concerns since then. Yep it is expensive but I have total confidence in this oil and it goes well over twice the change intervals with no issues. So you don't really spend that much more cuz you run it longer.

The Rotella is formulated for low RPM high carbon diesel applications. Think about that when making your choices.

Back