Best GPS Options

captain

Dis in my way!
Staff member
Administrator
So Im looking around at GPS units and I'm trying to figure out which way to go. Do I get just a basic GPS with no other features or do I get one with MP3 player and everything else?

Tell me what you have and the cost please...

cap

Pipe's got a Garmin Nuvi 660. Only used it once playing around and just sent it in for warranty yesterday. My fault, fried the unit trying to hardwire.
Seemed pretty good to me.

I was looking at the 550 because of the cell phone hookup, I do a lot of business on the road... What bluetooth headsets are you guys using? Stereo?

Don't even have a bluetooth phone yet.
I will someday, I liked the fact that when riding it would pop up and display the caller ID on the bluetooth. Never feel the phone on vibrate on the engine and road.

Only bad thing about the Nuvi line is that it isn't waterproof.
If it happens to rain, I'll put it in a tank bag unless I'm traveling; if so I cover it with a clear bag. Heard people do it before so I guess it works.

I've been using the Scala Rider headset for 3 years now.  This past week I upgraded to the Scala Rider Q2.  Awesome.

The old version had 1 speaker in the helmet.  The Q2 has 2 speakers and it has built-in FM radio and it can communicate with other Q2's up to 300 meters away (think other bikes) AND it can communicate wirelessly to a passenger with any other Scala headset AND it allows GPS input via bluetooth AND it still has bluetooth to my phone.  Up to 120 the other party doesn't even know I'm on a bike.  Above that speed either the windnoise picks up or they just hear me giggling like a maniac.

The fact that the Q2 is 1/16th the size of a chatterbox but offers wireless comms with other bikes using a Q2, which my dad also has, makes it perfect for me.

Great feedback that is what I am needing to know...

<div class="iF-Passage"><div class="QUOTEHEAD">Quote:[/Quote]<div class="QUOTE clearfix"><span class="quoteBegin"> </span>
The Q2 has 2 speakers and it has built-in FM radio [/quote]

So since I dont have XM I could use this feature to listen to the radio, how do you change channels?

Still needing some input here... so far it looks like a Garmin 550 with the Scala G2 headset. Anyone know the best place to order?

Q2 has 6 FM presets, after you set them, push a button to change stations.

Excellent, where should I get it? Where is the best deal at

gpscity.com, gps4fun.com or amazon

I've ordered from all three and recommend any of 'em!

online $515,one site had it for $499 plus $15 shipping, Google search for prices.

I have noticed Amazon has had great prices on GPS units.. I had the 660, gave it to my sister and got the 750.

Still needing some input here... so far it looks like a Garmin 550 with the Scala G2 headset. Anyone know the best place to order?
$399.00 the garmin 550 streetpilot is the one I am drooling over. The best deal I have found is at Best Buy    garmin 550

now I wasn't shopping for the motorcycle one cause I'm not in the rain and it's another $500.

i got the tomtom 910... pretty much all the options you can think of. got it for around 250 to my door

Back