best gold chain?

OB_Bob

Registered
I rec'd my Sigma 530 chain today and forgot that is not gold plated. Its Tsubaki's strongest chain and to go to the gold one it loses tensile strength.
The 530 has a tensile strength of 10,600 psi. the gold 9,400 psi. Stock--9000 psi??
I realize this is a fairly meaningless concern in regards to performance, but before I put this on I just thought I would ask if anyone else has installed a gold chain that has held up to agressive use. I want an o-ring chain.
What about the weight of the chains? I do not know the weight of the stock chain (Suzuki claims its lighter than a chain of similar strength by 1 gram per link) but additional weight that reciprocates probably is not a good thing even it is only 1/4-1/2 lb.

Bob

forget the 520,no good for big weight and torque of the busa.use the 530 ek-zvx.

[This message has been edited by THE MOTORHEAD (edited 29 March 2000).]

I donno---on the 99 and the 00 I replaced the chain and rear sprocket within 20 miles of brand new. Always used DID X-ring gold VM with the rivit master link. I think the key is the rivet master link--a clip is just not up to the busa. Never had any problems and minimul stretch. OH---also I went to the 42 tooth Vortex rear sprocket. Makes a hell of a difference.

Back