Best Friend and a Harley !!

Bosshound

Donating Member
Registered
I normally would not Dump any of my personal SH.. in this forum but ,what the Heck.... I Need a little advice. After I purchased my BUSA back in June, I talked my Best Friend Bob Kolni(Not His Real Name)in to Buying a Bike. He picked a 2002 Harley Sportster Limited. Now Bob has not been the Most Responsible Guy. I have Known him and his Family for about 15 Years.

Well..... Like a DumbA.. I CO-SIGNED for the Loan.
wowold.gif
I bet you can figure out the rest of the Story...
clap.gif
I Made the First Two Payments and Now GEMONEY BANK want's to Settle for $5500 Cash for the Bike. Can I get $5500 for this Hardley in the Open Market ? If I Borrow the Money CAN I Turn this FU.... Fast
rock.gif
?? I Don't Need 3 Bikes and the Wife Is PISS.. OFF !!!! It's in Great Condition, has the 1200 Engine and has about 6000 Miles. Any Suggestions ?

please.gif

I do know that this motorcycle would be in my garage and not his. It would then immediately be placed on ebay and anywhere else I may be able to sell a motorcycle.

The value of the bike really depends upon the year sportster and which model. Some of those things could be boght new for what you owe on that one.

Should be able sell it, with no problem. Lesson learned, NEVER CO-SIGN unless you intend on paying for it.
spank.gif

all you can do is try.. I have to admit, I've never understood it but those Hog guys will pay big money for almost anything that says Harley. It could be a total rolling turd pile and still fetch coin.... wouldn't be suprised if you get more than that. Just try not to laugh out loud when the prospective buyers start telling you how their soft-screaming-fat-dyna-sloth 1200 will kick your 'busas butt
beerchug.gif

might wanna pick up a cycle trader and see what theyre going for. i do know that there is always tons of used hds for sale. btw, can you meet me at roseville cycle, i need a cosigner for my 2008 busa!
smile.gif

Robert, just checked Kelly Blue Book retail on 02 Sportster 1200 is 6,100-6,700 depending on which model, good luck man.

this time of year it will be hard to get that kind of scrach for it. Come spring time it will go fast. At least out here it will. Best advise I can give is put it on Craigs list, as well as postaroo. Wont coast you anything and it may sell quick. Also ask 6500 OBO that way if you sell for 5500 they will thenk they got a deal.

Matt

this time of year it will be hard to get that kind of scrach for it. Come spring time it will go fast. At least out here it will. Best advise I can give is put it on Craigs list, as well as postaroo. Wont coast you anything and it may sell quick. Also ask 6500 OBO that way if you sell for 5500 they will thenk they got a deal.

Matt
+1.

it's got a 1200 engine which is on your side. it's not a big twin engine, it's a sportster [girl harley they call'em] but it'll sell.

#1) put it in your garage.

#2) Sell it

You should be able to make your money back and pay it off with no problem.

#3) Kick friends a**, if he is a good friend he will understand.

That model has the 1200? Not so much a girls bike, its the 883 from what I understand from the guys I know that ride them. You should be able to get your money back, but you might have to be patient. Like Revv said, I would have it in my garage, right now!

i have a good friend who has bad credit. i sold him a 1992 sportster a few years back on payments. i kept the title and paid the insurance. guess what? he never missed a payment and when everything was paid off i signed the title over to him. since i bought my busa he's wanting the new concourse. do you think i should co-sign for him?

i don't get this co-sign stuff. i had the worst credit when i bought my harley, i had to put $3,700 down and pay 13% interest but! 13%!!! but "i" did it [.] if harley wanted $5,000 down i would have "worked" more O.T. and got it. i know the interest rate is HIGH but "i" " wanted to ride".

your friends should do the same.

p.s. i don't mean to sound harsh. if ther'ye true friends they'll understand and still be your friends.

#1) put it in your garage.

#2) Sell it

You should be able to make your money back and pay it off with no problem.

#3)  Kick friends a**, if he is a good friend he will understand.
#3) Kick friends a**, if he is a good friend he will understand.

Upon leaving his place,take TV,stereo,tools,etc...sell on ebay to make up the losses.

Then repeat step #3 for causing you all this agravation.
thumb_up.gif

RSD.

Finances and friendships just don't mix very well.

Same with finances and relatives.

Either way, pick one or lose both.

--Wag--

His AS. will be Kicked !!!!!!!!!!! Trust Me. Waiting for the Rain to Settle and my Freakin Wrist to get Better and Soon the Bike Will be in my Garage. Anyways my Buddy Raymond Wanted a PIC of the Bike to Help Me Sell. So here you go.............

PS: "It's NOT the BLUE ONE"

PB110015.JPG

Back