BEST EXHAUST

I just picked up a 2008 Blue Hayabusa and looking at slip on's. So to be clear, I do not need a PC3 if I use the R77 slip on. This seems odd that there is this miracle pipe that does not require a better management system. What am I missing but I love not having to purchase yet another PC3 for another bike

Busa_Ken400.jpg

I just picked up a 2008 Blue Hayabusa and looking at slip on's. So to be clear, I do not need a PC3 if I use the R77 slip on. This seems odd that there is this miracle pipe that does not require a better management system.  What am I missing but I love not having to purchase yet another PC3 for another bike
no you don't need a management system for a slip-on. the factory ecu will compensate for the better flowing exhaust and the factory ecu will actually adapt and learn. however, it does have it's limitations and can only compensate so much, but it will be fine for slip-ons

WELL numbers dont lie. I HAD a full yosh rs3 and switched to tsukigi at the advice of my engine builder cause he makes his living drag racing as well as building motors. so i took his advice. i gained 10 hp just with the exhaust change.

TSUKIGI TSUKIGI TSUKIGI

I have been debating about posting this, but here goes. The Brock alien head is dangerous in my opinion. I makes great power, but there have been 2 other people I know of that have burned themselves. This photo is my brand new boot on the first pass with the AH. I drag race my bike, and generally don't worry about getting my feet on the pegs immediatly. I am now healing from second degree burns on my foot, ankle, and up my leg. Its been well over a month. The location of the pipe directly behind the pegs is dangerous in my opinion if you are used to leaving the line with your feet behind the bike during a launch. This happened in less than 3 seconds. I called Brock, and asked to swap out for a megaphone. He gave me the same price I can get anywere. For that price, I am going with a different brand. Very disapointed. Again, great power, but be very carefull. This can cause permanant damage to your body. Even Brock admitted that he knows of at least one other customer that has gotten burned. I generally wouldn't flame a vendor, but the response to a legitimate concern sucked. For those of you who think, JUST DONT PUT YOUR FEET BACK THERE, fine. That's obvious. For racers who buy these things because you whant the best ET, BE WARNED.
How many times are you going to post this....

How in the heck could your boot even get that HOT after ONE pass. I don't think that's even possible IMO. You had to notice some kind of heat before it got that bad. Sorry but I don't buy it...

You've got to be using spool pegs or something, otherwise your foot it's not even in-line with the exhaust when installed right. I can put my hand in the exhaust path for longer than 3-seconds so how your boot completely melts sounds pretty fishy....
rock.gif

Am I the only one that actually doesn't mind the look of the stock cans?  Sure I'd love to shave some pounds off the beast, but I like the look of the cans and I also love how quiet it is. Spending a long time in the saddle of a loud bike is just plain annoying. IMO. And frankly spending nearly a grand for 5 horsepower seems like pissing money away to me. I realize the weight savings equals more of a gain than the meager horse power gains.

Am I the only one that actually doesn't mind the look of the stock cans?  Sure I'd love to shave some pounds off the beast, but I like the look of the cans and I also love how quiet it is. Spending a long time in the saddle of a loud bike is just plain annoying. IMO. And frankly spending nearly a grand for 5 horsepower seems like pissing money away to me. I realize the weight savings equals more of a gain than the meager horse power gains.
Gain those 5hp back, I gutted my Cats and added some "bypass" ports in the internal parts of the muffler. Still very quiet free'er breathing.

I have been reading on tsukigi. Was going to go yoshi but i think i will give them a shot. From what i have read akro type build quality at crack prices and > brock davidson power. Only problem is i'll need a PC with it.

Hey man if you want to sell that alien head let me know.

I installed the full TiForce 380mm Carbon cans. Pricey. Fit and finish is up there with Akrapovic. Bike pulls nice numbers on the dyno and sounds great. Very happy.

The first pipe I looked into was Akrapovic. In fact I am nervous that they are going to come out with something so nice that I'll want it. But I did not want to wait.

My opinion:

If you want to race - the Brocks guys would be a good hook up. They have after the sale support and lots of racing goodies.

Bang for the buck - Hard to beat Yoshimura RD.

Quality finish, great sound, good power - TiForce. I would also look at Tsugi, Sato, and or wait for Akrapovic.

Also an inexpensive way to get a great sound a great look (Black ceramic) - M4's

There's others out there as well that I don't know much about.

Decide what's important to you.

Am I the only one that actually doesn't mind the look of the stock cans? Sure I'd love to shave some pounds off the beast, but I like the look of the cans and I also love how quiet it is. Spending a long time in the saddle of a loud bike is just plain annoying. IMO. And frankly spending nearly a grand for 5 horsepower seems like pissing money away to me. I realize the weight savings equals more of a gain than the meager horse power gains.
No...you're not.

I love the huge cans and find aftermarket slipons look kinda puny in comparison.

I have LeoVince's on my Ducati and they sound loud, but great. However, that's a v-twin of course.

I like the quiet growl the standard system makes.

BUT it's all in the eye of the beholder, and I certainly understand someone who wants a different look or sound as well as anyone who wants less weight and more power on a bike that's raced.

No...you're not.

I love the huge cans and find aftermarket slipons look kinda puny in comparison.

I have LeoVince's on my Ducati and they sound loud, but great. However, that's a v-twin of course.

I like the quiet growl the standard system makes.

BUT it's all in the eye of the beholder, and I certainly understand someone who wants a different look or sound as well as anyone who wants less weight and more power on a bike that's raced.
No

There's 2 of you ;)

beerchug.gif

I went with the Scorpion slip ons. Deep throaty sound till around 6k then they start to scream. One nice thing about them is they never have to be repacked.

08__BUSA_104__Medium_.jpg

Hey if you want to simulate the shorty just take of you cans and leave teh open exhaust

no you don't need a management system for a slip-on. the factory ecu will compensate for the better flowing exhaust and the factory ecu will actually adapt and learn. however, it does have it's limitations and can only compensate so much, but it will be fine for slip-ons

Hi all! Newb here. Just got my 09 Black Busa about a week ago and loving it. Previous bikes have been 04 CBR1000RR, 02 R1, 01 CBR929RR and 93 CBR900RR. Let me tell ya, the Busa is an awesome bike! Great balance between sport, power and comfort! I love the comfort part especially :thumbsup:.

Don't mean to beat a dead horse but just want to ask this to be sure. So if I were to get the Yoshi Full R77 system I would need the PC3 but not for the slip-ons?

Hi all! Newb here. Just got my 09 Black Busa about a week ago and loving it. Previous bikes have been 04 CBR1000RR, 02 R1, 01 CBR929RR and 93 CBR900RR. Let me tell ya, the Busa is an awesome bike! Great balance between sport, power and comfort! I love the comfort part especially :thumbsup:.

Don't mean to beat a dead horse but just want to ask this to be sure. So if I were to get the Yoshi Full R77 system I would need the PC3 but not for the slip-ons?

You don't NEED the PC for the full system, it's safe and will run fine without it. It will run a little smoother with it, and a dyno tune will always get you the best performance. Slip ons as said aren't worth a PC.

You don't NEED the PC for the full system, it's safe and will run fine without it. It will run a little smoother with it, and a dyno tune will always get you the best performance. Slip ons as said aren't worth a PC.

That is fine by me, saves a few extra $$! But please anyone educate me a little on this. So is the Full R77 the only system that does not require a PC? If so, why? Thanks.

Back