best all around tire

Just get it patched or plugged. New tires always pick up nails and screws. You'll just have a new one for awhile before it gets punctured too. As you may have read, many here have repaired their punctures with vulcanizing plugs and/or patches on the inside and ridden them until the cords show without any performance limitations.

My Opinion, you cannot find a better All around tire than Metzler Sportec M1's or 3s. Good feel, good life, lots of feedback, soft ride, and excellent in the rain.

FWIW.
I agree with Rev, here. M3 gets my vote for BEST ALL AROUND TIRE. that is equally good at all types of things. other tires last longer, but stick less, and some stick more and last less, the M3 seems a good balance. That said, I'm going back to Corsa III ASAP because I prefer stick over wear - just my preference. I have M3's now, and they just won't die

I thought the Shinko was a remanufactured tire. Is that safe at higher speeds? What kind of mileage would I get if I ride conservatively? Also, I can get a set of Metzeler M3 Sportec Motorcycle Tires for $200. What do you think of them and what kind of mileage would I get on conservative riding? Thanks for the help.

Best all around tire?

FOR WHAT?

Too many variables for tires and riding styles and expectations. You will get 100 different answers for 90 different tire brands.

The best touring tire isn't going to make the best twisty tire. Best rain tire doesn't make the best drag strip tire. Many guys want MILEAGE and don't ride hard, while others (like me) will be happy getting a couple thousand miles out of tires in the twisties.

Do some searching - it is your friend.

deadhorse.gif

If you're doing mostly slabbing to and from work, the BT021 is a great tire. It holds corners very well on a much heavier bike. It should do great on the Busa. It's a dual compound tire that has plenty of soft grip on the sides. I've seen them last 5,000+ on a 650lb sport tourer. Grip in wet and dry is very good.

If you like canyon carving then you'll want something softer like the BT15 of M3.

There are too many unknowns with your question. Can you give us more details?

Thanks for the advice. I just ordered a set of Battleax BT021 on eBay for $223. Is that a pretty good deal? If a 650 pound bike can get more than 5000 miles off of them, I would think that I could get at least that with the way I ride. I had Battleax on my Ninja 650 and loved them. I had 5000 miles on it and they show no wear at all.

I have the Qualifiers on now, the only other tire I had was the stock Battleaxe, so I can't say about other tires, but I can't believe the difference that the Qualifiers make !!! So much more confidence in the turns !!!!

Back