Beginner questions

ripo

Registered
So I've been looking at getting a bike. I have a few questions about the 'busa. I'm actually not all that serious about getting one right away, but I would like to get one eventually, and I know some people who would turn out to be horrible on a bike but want one horribly, so if you guys can give me some stuff to help talk them out of it, that would be great. So the questions I have (about the busa) are:
1. What is the average mpg on the bike?(I've looked at abunch of diff sites, and the closest thing I could find was about 37mpg-at the track, I was wondering what the avg. street, just daily riding, mpg was).
2. How easy is it to find mods/accessories for it?
3. What would the insurance rate be for somoene who has no accidents?

The other question I have (in general) is:
1. What would you guys recommend as a beginner bike? I've been thinking about a Ninja 250, or something similar(decent performance, good mpg, and low price).

Thanks for the help guys.

Get an older used 600.
You will probable outgrow the 250 to fast.

1. What is the average mpg on the bike?(I've looked at abunch of diff sites, and the closest thing I could find was about 37mpg-at the track, I was wondering what the avg. street, just daily riding, mpg was).
I get about 38.

Much too easy

Call your insurance guy and get a quote - best price is from State Farm.

Welcome to the Org

First, welcome to the board
smile.gif

1. There are lots of answers to that, mostly depending upon how we all ride, mods we've made, etc...I average about 42 MPG just everyday riding...HWY I get 50 MPG...

2. There's TONS on the market for the Busas...not hard to find where to spend your money! LOL

3. Insurance rates depend on a lot too...your age, the company...best thing to do is call around for rates on the GSX1300R and see what you find. State Farm seems to be a good co to deal with according to many members here...won't know 'til you make the calls...

thanks pward for the welcome. and thanks for the suggestion about the 600 busa. as far as 600's go, what would you recommend. the first 600 that jumps to my mind is (of course) the gixxer....but waht do you say?

I average right at 40 mpg on a mix of 50% highway/50% street with regular 87 octane pump gas. YMMV

The Hayabusa has probably the largest aftermarket support of any motorcycle in history. Try a search on ebay and you'll see what I mean.

If you shop around, rates will vary from ~500 bucks/year to ~3000 bucks/year.

1. What would you guys recommend as a beginner bike? I've been thinking about a Ninja 250, or something similar(decent performance, good mpg, and low price).

I would personally go with a 500cc bike to start or even an SV650. You'll be bored with a 250cc much quicker.

So I've been looking at getting a bike. I have a few questions about the 'busa. I'm actually not all that serious about getting one right away, but I would like to get one eventually, and I know some people who would turn out to be horrible on a bike but want one horribly, so if you guys can give me some stuff to help talk them out of it, that would be great. So the questions I have (about the busa) are:
2. How  easy is it to find mods/accessories for it?

The other question I have (in general) is:

Thanks for the help guys.
MPG - mid 30's to low 40's

Real easy to find mods and acc

Your insurance is going to more depend on your age. if you are under 25 with no tickets you might get away with a few thousand a year

Whatever you feel comfortable on. but probably something that is not going to loop real easy

<!--EDIT|thrasherfox
Reason for Edit: None given...|1148497762 -->

I get about 38.

Much too easy

Welcome to the Org
+1 to all..

...and Welcome!

I get about 38.

Much too easy

Welcome to the Org
+1 to all..

...and Welcome!
+1
smile.gif

I get about 38.

Much too easy

Welcome to the Org
+1 to all..

...and Welcome!
+2

I get about 38.

Much too easy

Welcome to the Org
+1 to all..

...and Welcome!
+2
+3

Don't start too small or you will get bored quickly.

Welcome to the board!
smile.gif

sounds like you are going about this the right way start with a sv-650 or something similar
Get the Gear
do the MSF course(highly recommend this)
and for the Busa I'm averaging close to 40 was 44+ b4 exhaust and PCIII, and as far as mods available for the Busa
YOU DON"T WANNA KNOW!
laugh.gif

Welcome to the site and good luck with your purchase
biggrin.gif

and for talking "them" out of it, no one can its their decision, I love to ride so talking someone out of it doesn't seem right, You know them I don't, but to protect them you should con them into doing the MSF class with you, while it can't teach them self control and cure stupidity, it might actually teach them enough to stay alive and let them enjoy it. imho

Back