Add ons for beginners

darth frosty

Registered
after reading some of your post I can see that there is a great deal one can do to a bike. I have always been a jump on and ride type of person. with my new busa tho I feel a need to change, I would very much like to dress this beauty up.

I was just wandering how one goes about such things as picking new pipes, and I really like the way chromed out bikes look whats the best way to start or tackle a project like that?

Hmm....Get a 2nd full time job, and a few credit-cards.
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

For the pipes, I would decide if you like the dual or single can look. Decide if you want added HP, or just better sound. Several different brands/options/colors you can go with....All depends on what "YOU" want, and what your pocket-book will support.

Chrome is something I know nothing about - I think they should make it illegal !

laugh.gif

The pipe, start with do you want it for performane or looks.
If performance - Then you have what other mod's for full pipe performance. Some pipes really need a PC3 for proper functioning.
Then there is price range and looks.
If looks - Get the one you like the way it looks. Thats the best way to make yourself happy.

after reading some of your post I can see that there is a great deal one can do to a bike.  I have always been a jump on and ride type of person.  with my new busa tho I feel a need to change, I would very much like to dress this beauty up.

I was just wandering how one goes about such things as picking new pipes, and I really like the way chromed out bikes look whats the best way to start or tackle a project like that?
First, I wouldn't rush into anything. I would read all that I could from here and ask questions, look at the photos and make a plan in your own mind of what you want your bike to look like. Then start about the task of deciding on pieces, dealers and the other stuff. There is so much out there that it can be a bit overwhelming, so take your time. Otherwise, you'll wind up doing stuff over and over again and wasting lots of money! Don't ask me how I know?
biggrin.gif

All I have done so far is removing stickers,lowering and kick stand mod.I bought a bra but I ride in all weather(yearround rider) and it became a pain real quick taking the bra off all of the time do to rain and baths.

Back