Before and after pics (slow build)

AsleepAtTheTree

Registered

Lowered another 1inch 1/2 up front, modified stock seat, painted rims

Upcoming mods
Pipe, flash, tune, 2step, dual stage shift light, possible blue pinstripe around rims, possible drag tank, raise rear end and fine tune shock for better launch ability.....air shifter and rcc stg 1 following year!!!

Shooting for s swb street/strip sleeper

Any suggestions....thanks!!!:banana::super::beerchug:

View attachment 1599422

View attachment 1599423

Upcoming mods
Pipe, flash, tune, 2step, dual stage shift light, possible blue pinstripe around rims, possible drag tank, raise rear end and fine tune shock for better launch ability.....air shifter and rcc stg 1 following year!!!

i did something extememly similar years ago... with the lowering... BE EXTREMELY careful u don't smash the oil pan... I put a big hole in mine by hitting a pothole in NY traffic and it poured oil everywhere, allll over the back tire/exhaust.... I almost landed on my ass....

i did something extememly similar years ago... with the lowering... BE EXTREMELY careful u don't smash the oil pan... I put a big hole in mine by hitting a pothole in NY traffic and it poured oil everywhere, allll over the back tire/exhaust.... I almost landed on my ass....
Already had a scare today...test launch to see how the new setup would launch and i wheelied hard and slammed down, luckily everything was OK

Def need to fine tune front and rear suspension

If you're staying low, invest in a flat pan. If you want a sleeper, start making it lighter. Do you have a strap for the front end?
No strap, thinking bout the brocks straps, but I thought it is to too low to strap, but I guess it would help with front hammering if I jus snug it

Any suggestions with things that can be tsken off to get lighter but stay safe on the street

Thanks Jeremy!!!

Oh...flat pan??? Are u talking about those billiet pans???

No strap, thinking bout the brocks straps, but I thought it is to too low to strap, but I guess it would help with front hammering if I jus snug it

Any suggestions with things that can be tsken off to get lighter but stay safe on the street

Thanks Jeremy!!!

Oh...flat pan??? Are u talking about those billiet pans???
Yes, a billet pan. A strap will limit the amount the forks try and push the front up on the launch. Just remember to leave a little travel to land a wheelie, and ALWAYS loosen it up for daily riding.
Also, get a 4-1 pipe, the duals are unnecessary weight....
Get with @c10 to see what you can safely remove or replace...

Last edited:
View attachment 1599422

View attachment 1599423

Upcoming mods

Looks good

Really it’s does not look strapped it’s just dropped.
He's slid the fork tubes up in the clamps, which brings the fender closer to the bottom of the nose. It'll hit eventually, either from landing a wheelie or a deep pothole. My forks are cut, which eliminates the need for a strap, but also reduces travel. They're slid up as well, the fender hits the nose sometimes.

Yes, a billet pan. A strap will limit the amount the forks try and push the front up on the launch. Just remember to leave a little travel to land a wheelie, and ALWAYS loosen it up for daily riding.
Also, get a 4-1 pipe, the duals are unnecessary weight....
Get with @c10 to see what you can safely remove or replace...
Thanks again :beerchug:

Does the suspension work it looks LOW! . I’m nowhere near that low and I worry about the front fender hitting the nose.
So far no problems...50mile drive and it worked great...did a test launch and left a bit hard, wheelied and slammed with no problems!

Won't be doing that anymore anytime soon tho lmao

Staps n street can get a bit of trouble. What are your rear shock settings?
Haven't touched the shock jus yet so I'm assuming its still in stock form, only lowering links installed!

Anticipating your advice, suggestions and preferences as to how to properly set it up

@c10 thank you

Last edited:
Back