My HID before and after pics

rotts4u

Registered
Like many of you I purchased a HID kit from Xenonking.com. Mine is the McCulloch kit with the 6000K low bulb only.

For this photo I set my digital SLR camera on FULL MANUAL mounted on a tripod and fired it once with the HID bulb then replaced it with the Stock bulb and fired it again. As you see the light color and pattern are way different. The HID really throws a bigger pattern and it is not nearly as yellow as the stock light.

I have not ridden the bike yet so I cant comment other than what I see here. To me this is pretty dramatic. The kit is pretty much plug and play with no wiring or splicing required. the only possible issue I can see is that I may have to aim it down a bit to make up for the higher coverage than the stock bulb. The mounting was done on a 08 Busa headlight reflector.

View attachment 1347370

View attachment 1347371

i cant see a dif.

j/k
cool.gif

thumb_up.gif
looks good. i cant wait to do mine

Wow! Ok great, this is the next step. Thanks for the excellent pictures! I've often complained that my R1 with stock headlights are so much brighter than the Busa II's, but this looks like a perfectly excessive remedy for the problem.
beerchug.gif
thumb_up.gif

I would love to put these on a Honda GL 1800 GOLDWING. Or a Kawasaki Vulcan VN-2000. Those factory lights are insane to begin with. I can only imagine what these bulbs would do to them.

I bought mine a couple of days ago, but it seems like customs is gonna give me some pain before I get it here
sad.gif

Looks awesome bro!!
bowdown.gif

To me, it looks like your HID photo was actually taken from your high-beam reflector housing. Either that, or your XeonKing kit is way, way, WAAAAAAAY out of proper focus, and you are going to send a ton a light scatter/glare into oncoming driver's eyes!
sadnews.gif

The cast of light emerging from the low-beam housing (whether halogen or HID) needs to have a sharp, highly-defined "cutoff" line that should stay below the height of the driver's eyes. There should be no light projection above this line while in low-beam mode.

Your low-beam photo does exactly that: look at the area above the yellow dash line that I drew on your halogen lo-beam photo. See how this area stays free of light from the low-beam output?

H7HalogenLOBEAM.jpg

Now compare the above photo to your HID photo below.... as you can see, there is massive amount of light above the dashed yellow line, and this light is going to shine directly into oncoming driver's eyes. So you have either mistakenly taken a HID high-beam photo here below, or, if this is truly the output of your HID low-beam, you are about to make a ton of night driver's very angry with you, and are inviting a stop to chat with Mr LEO about your headlight aim.

HID_HIBEAM.jpg

Now compare the above photo to your HID photo below.... as you can see, there is massive amount of light above the dashed yellow line, and this light is going to shine directly into oncoming driver's eyes. So you have either mistakenly taken a HID high-beam photo here below, or, if this is truly the output of your HID low-beam, you are about to make a ton of night driver's very angry with you, and are inviting a stop to chat with Mr LEO about your headlight aim.
Good Info!

thumb_up.gif

I'll be taking mine out tonight for an inspection.
Thanks

nice...just wait until you see the difference once you are on the road...it makes riding at night much more enjoyable
beerchug.gif

I only removed the low beam bulb and placed the one I took out exactly in the same hole. I clearly see the difference in the light pattern and assumed it just needed to be reaimed etc in order to keep the scatter down but I am not sure I understand how a bulb can change the light pattern but there it is plain as day.

Ill play around with it some more and aim it lower etc if that is possible. Again I have not street ridden the bike at all so I cant comment too much on the other drivers but I see your point on the scatter.

Don

Back