HID kit 55w H7 & H11

Shaft

Registered
Hey guys, I order a set on ebay, German made with slim balasts. about $100 for the kit. the bulbs are H7 and H11. I heard the H11 bulbs are the same, but the plug in is different, however looks like the plug in is made to fit, they must have done a mod to it already.

kit looks well made, they are 55watts and 6000K hi beam and low beam.

my question is, will it be safe in our plastic lenses? or will there be heat damage?

any experience any problems with HID on our bikes at 55 watts?

If you search thru the threads, you will find that some complained about 55w getting VERY hot, running down the battery QUICK, and getting extra attention with LEO's because they are SOO bright. I don't know about the H11 bulb because from what I understand it's supposed to be a H9....at least on US models..

I run a 55W DDM Tuning kit on my CBR1100xx with no problems, the heat stays pretty localized to the bulb and doesn't really transfer through the plastic base as far as I can tell. :thumbsup:

I haven't touched my lenses with the factory bulb so I have no idea. I think I may use my heat gun and compare.

Will try to tackle the job this sunday.

Looks pretty straight forward.

Installed my kit. Installation was a breeze. Do you guys find you have to reaim ur lights once installed? Seems like It has to go up vertically. the beam is too low.

Also on the HID light, the white filament, suppose to be facing up or down in the lens?

thanks.

during installation u may have to trim the collar on the bulb to make it fit properly in the headlight housing, check out blanca busa's hid install thread, all the instructions are there. I ended up adjusting mine up a bit after installing, just do a search on 'headlight adjustment', and u should find it, very easy to do. The filament on the lowbeam bulb should be facing down while installed in the headlight housing

hemi, thanks for the info. I did do the trim already. the filament that we are referring to, is that the solid white piece facing down or the glass tube facing down?

thanks.

Back