Been too depressed to log in...

BusaBill

Donating Member
Registered
For those of you who don't know me, I've been a member since '04 when I got my first 'busa. Went down on it and it sat in the garage in pieces for almost 3 years until earlier this year I decided it was time to get back in the saddle. Got it all back together maybe about a month and change ago thanks to the help of many of the members here, not only providing tech support when I needed it but also parts. Again, I'm very grateful to the members of this board for their benevolence.

I was looking forward to posting up some pics of the finished product but before I had a chance some POS stole it from right in front of my apartment in broad daylight. Didn't hear a thing and apparently neither did anyone else. Probably better that I didn't or buying a new bike would be the least of my problems.
mad.gif

Anyway...I had full coverage through State Farm, have to wait 1 more week for them to cut the check. Then it's either buy something new now or wait until the '08 is released. WTF.

P.S. Ninja Killer- Just read your post, I feel your pain, bro.

BILL, I feel the same way but I was fortunate and got the ins. to pay off, I am getting a new 07 but it won't be the same.GOOD LUCK BRO, I AM HERE IF YOU NEED ANYBODY
beerchug.gif

BILL , I felt the same way but the members on this board helped me with support and the FAMILY atmosphere rocks, I have met alot of good people here that help me to keep movin along, without them I would be lost alot of times.

Seems to be a rash of motorcycle thefts going on! Nothing makes you feel more violated than having your property vandalized or stolen by some dirt bag. One can only hope they will try this one time to often and either get a cell mate named Bubba or caught in the act by the property owner and beaten to death.

I agree, I was amazed at how fast complete strangers were offering help. You don't see that anymore in this day and age.

Now, do I get an '07 'busa or gixxer 1k or wait until '08 and miss the whole riding season... I don't want to impulse buy just because I'm anxious to get back on something and then regret it later. I thought about picking up something cheap, in the 2k range to hold me over but there isn't much worth riding in that price range, especially when you're last bike was a 'busa.

"My last bike was a 'busa" <-- That'll be the bumper sticker I put on my "new" used Ninja 250.
biggrin.gif

(dmrowe @ May 24 2007,16:17) Seems to be a rash of motorcycle thefts going on!  Nothing makes you feel more violated than having your property vandalized or stolen by some dirt bag.  One can only hope they will try this one time to often and either get a cell mate named Bubba or caught in the act by the property owner and beaten to death.
I prefer the second option. Or that the POS crashes it and severely maims himself. There's no real punishment for stuff like that. It would end up a plea agreement to move it through the system and restitution that would never be seen would be set. What makes me even more pissed off is that I'm sure that the taxes that get taken out of my check that I work for to buy myself nice things are paying to feed, house and provide medicare to the people who stole it.
rant.gif

My next bike will definitely have an alarm system, though.

(dmrowe @ May 24 2007,18:17) Seems to be a rash of motorcycle thefts going on!  Nothing makes you feel more violated than having your property vandalized or stolen by some dirt bag.  One can only hope they will try this one time to often and either get a cell mate named Bubba or caught in the act by the property owner and beaten to death.
Unfortunate whenever it happens, but there have been quite a few lately. Can't stand people that take things that aren't theirs. Maybe that's why I hate my ex-wife so much! :guns:

Man that sucks.. What year, color , and accessories I will keep my eyes open. I am right outside the city.
E

Man hate to hear that, hope the
POS loses his right arm so he can
never twist another throttle again!

That sucks B-Bill. I hope you find out he did crash, justice served. Ya, I know, wishful thinking.

Another messed up story. Man I hate thieves.

Sorry about the bike. Hopefully you can get going again soon.

Sorry to hear about this man. I can't even imagine having a vehicle I'd put a lot of effort into being stolen from me. I can't relate with my bike, as I'd be ok so long as it was covered, but if my car was stolen I'd be heartbroken. To put your effort into something only to have it stolen. Keep your head up. Any of the options youre thinking about are nice bikes. I know that Suzuki has a gorgeous orange and black Gixxer this year. At least I think it's awesome. Good luck.

Hey Bill, its jewjosh from the other place.. Hold out for the 08 man if the latest rumors are true that thing will be out sooner than we think. It def sucks the thought of missing the entire season but as you said its not worth rushing into something you might regret. Dont get me wrong if I could I would pick up a gixxer 1000 as a stablemate for the Busa but I love that thing way too much not to have it around..
smile.gif
Do you know anyone with two bikes that will trust you to ride one of them on occasion till you get another?

Fuggin Thieves!!
guns.gif
guns.gif
guns.gif

At least State Farm is settling quick!

guns.gif

guns.gif

Back